Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMF service HELP
Operating Systems Solaris SMF service HELP Post 302313063 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 4th of May 2009 02:00:58 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Smf managed service not starting

Hi Experts, While playing with smf in my local system ( which is not in production ) i am unable to restart the service svc:/network/nfs/server:default . I tried starting it in different way, however unable to restart the same. I was checking the dependency for that I disabled the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Apache 2 doesnt create SMF service at installation

Hello everybody, I intended to use Apache 2 first time on my S10 U7 box. But the package (V2) is not ok for the developpers and they need 2.2.12 somehow. I removed Apache 1.3 and installed 2.2.12 with the stream package which I downloaded from Sunfreeware.com It's running perfectly if I start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowfaxxxx
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SMF in Solaris 10

In SOlaris 9 for eg, inside the /etc/init.d/inetsvc file, you can set the tcp tracing by going to the last line and adding the following as :- inetd -s -t & In Solaris 10, I know we can use the svccfg to do it or with the inetadm command. When I use inetadm -m command to set the tcp tracing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SMF to register & start a (Nagios) service

I'm trying to register & start a service using SMF on Solaris 10. It's nsca, part of the Nagios monitoring system. I've got nsca running fine as a detached process, and can manually create passive checks via send_nsca. But when I try to run nsca as a daemon, I need some advice. The nsca... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyle
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Service shutdown sequence via SMF

Hi all, Is there any way to configure a certain service to be shutdown first via SMF? Thanks in advance Eugene (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srage
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Service shutdown sequence via SMF

Hi all, Is there any way to configure a certain service to be shutdown first via SMF? Thanks in advance Eugene (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
2 Replies

8. Solaris

removing associated processes from a SMF service

I'm running Tibco Hawk (hawkhma and agent) on a number of solaris 10 boxes (both x86 and Sparc). Tibco Hawk is a monitoring system, that can monitor processs and logs on the OS and applications. It also have the ability to start a process, if it for some reason, have died. I have implemented... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to make SMF service start last?

I need to start a service among the last on a freshly booted system. Via the manifest, I've made it dependent on very milestone on the computer yet the service still comes back with an error that a kstat variable in the kernel does not exist. I run it right the service process right there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWH
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Service smf ntp maintenance

Hello, My ntp service goes in maintenance mode in Solaris 11. I do "svcadm clear ntp", the service is back but after 1 minute it crashes but automatically restarted. After the third attempt it goes in maintenance again : After the clear : 1 minute later it crashes but it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob74350
2 Replies
cmrunserv(1m)															     cmrunserv(1m)

NAME
cmrunserv - run a service from the high availability package run script SYNOPSIS
cmrunserv [-v] service_name service_command_string cmrunserv [-v] [-r restarts] service_name service_command_string cmrunserv [-v] [-R] service_name service_command_string DESCRIPTION
cmrunserv is used in the high availability package run script to run a service. To start package's service, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configu- ration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m) or cmmakepkg(1m). If the service process dies, cmrunserv updates the status of the service to down. The cluster software will recognize the change in status and execute the normal package recovery sequence. This includes executing the package halt script, determining if the package can be run on a different node, and, if so, executing the package run script on the new node. Should the service_command be halted by the cmhaltserv command, a SIGTERM signal will be sent to the process. This executable or shell script should be able to handle a SIGTERM signal and execute a graceful shutdown performing any cleanup necessary. If the process ignores the SIGTERM, a SIGKILL will be sent to the process. If a SIGKILL is sent, the process will die immediately and will be unable to perform any cleanup. Options cmrunserv supports the following options. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -r restarts Indicates that the service should be automatically restarted by the cluster software if it fails, without halting the package. restarts indicates how many times the service may fail before the package should be halted. -R Indicates the service should be restarted an unlimited number of times if it fails. service_name Name of the service as it exists in the package configuration information. service_command_string Process string to be started. This includes the process name and any arguments necessary for the process to run. The process name must be a full path, may be either a command name or a shell script, and must be executable. RETURN VALUE
cmrunserv returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To run the service command string /var/opt/db/database1 under the service name db1, do the following: # Run the process /var/opt/db/database1 cmrunserv db1 /var/opt/db/database1 This line should only be executed within a package run script. AUTHOR
cmrunserv was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmhaltserv(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmmodnet(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunserv(1m)