Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace './' with '/home/' in file Post 302313031 by brianm on Monday 4th of May 2009 12:07:04 PM
Old 05-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
Code:
echo './tmp/1.jpg' | sed 's#^[.]#/home#'

Can you briefly explain this? I don't understand what prevents this from replacing all instances of '.'.

devtakh, although it took me a minute to figure out how to use this witha longer path, it works very well. Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace missing standard folders from home directories.

Hi, I want to develop a script to replace missing folders from home directories. These may have been deleted by the user. A standard home directory will have these folders in it and nothing else: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Library, Movies, Music, Pictures, Public, Sites I also want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z399y
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List /home directories in a file

Hi, i was looking at a unix paper i found and one of the tasks was to create a file called 'usernames' that contains a list of all directories in /home. This file should be located in the /home/userinfo directory. How would i go about doing this without changing directories from the home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the latest modified file name in /home directory?

I only know how to list all sub-directories or files in specified directory. I don't know how to order them by modified date, furthermore, I don't know how to get the top one file in the sorted list. Wish you can do me a favor. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list of file in home dir ?

I want to print all list of file in the home dir of the user in $i with full bath an owner and group and permissions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testman84
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keeping your Home file permissions correct

I have been a UNIX user for a long time, and in that time I have been looking for a program to set/reset all the file permissions of a complex directory hierarchy (my home) according to a configuration file of rules. That is not the simple find-xargs-chmod rule but a program (shell/perl/c)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antofthy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BackUp Home/Creating User from File

Hi! I want to test something to learn Shell scripting better. 1) How can I make a BackUp from all users and groups homedirectory? I want to save that backup in an archiv. Can I choose how to name the backUp archiv? 2) Ok I want to make a file like csv, in this file are listed Users.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CommanderLinux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for config file in home directory first??

hi, i have written a shell script inside which i am using a pgp command to encrypt a file. when pgp command is run , there is a /.pgp/pgp.cfg file in my home directory. i logged into the unix server with my userid, when i run the script from the command prompt, pgp is successful, since i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run this .java file from the home directory??

I wrote a simple test.java program in vi. I know it compiles correctly because I went into the directory where test.java was and compiled it and it created a java.class. I then ran test.java by staying in the same directory where it was and it worked great. However, when i backed out of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
3 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)