Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: color a figure in text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting color a figure in text file Post 302312993 by Bluetoot on Monday 4th of May 2009 10:25:22 AM
Old 05-04-2009
Appreciate if i could find an answer to my request..
Thanx n advance

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

text color

Hi all I have a file contains columns showing figures as below : Input file A B C D 50 60 90 E 100 20 53 F 30 40 70 G 25 27 45 I want to color the value above or equal 90 by red and to be shown as below output file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

New Background and Text Color

Hi. How do I change the background color and text in Fedora. I did find the set_color -b command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
1 Replies

3. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change text color in postscript file

Hi everyone, I have a program that produces postscript files on the fly The color of the files produced are in black and white I want to change the text color of postscript file as the file is being produced without having to manually go into the ps file and change it myself. Any Ideas?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: walforum
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to color text and mail

I want to color the text and bold the text and mail these text. input: hi..(in bold) good morning (in blue color) and mail these as in color and bold :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color text on shell programming

hello i need the main reference for color code on shell programing i know a few color like: RED='\033 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
UPSCLI_GET(3)							    NUT Manual							     UPSCLI_GET(3)

NAME
upscli_get - retrieve data from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_get(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query, int *numa, char ***answer) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_get() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the response will be split into separate components. A pointer to those components will be returned in answer. The number of usable answer components will be returned in numa. USES
This function implements the "GET" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o GET NUMLOGINS <ups> o GET UPSDESC <ups> o GET VAR <ups> <var> o GET TYPE <ups> <var> o GET DESC <ups> <var> o GET CMDDESC <ups> <cmd> QUERY FORMATTING
To generate a request for GET NUMLOGINS su700, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "NUMLOGINS"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces is handled for you inside this function. ANSWER FORMATTING
The raw response from upsd to the above query would be NUMLOGINS su700 1. Since this is split up for you, the values work out like this: numa = 3; answer[0] = "NUMLOGINS" answer[1] = "su700" answer[2] = "1" Notice that the value which you seek typically starts at answer[numq]. ERROR CHECKING
This function will check your query against the response from upsd(8). For example, if you send "VAR" "su700" "ups.status", it will expect to see those at the beginning of the response. If the results from upsd do not pass this case-insensitive test against your request, this function will return an error. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. ANSWER ARRAY LIFETIME
The pointers contained within the answer array are only valid until the next call to a upsclient function which references them. If you need to use data from multiple calls, you must copy it somewhere else first. The answer array and its elements may change locations, so you must not rely on previous addresses. You must only use the addresses which were returned by the most recent call. You also must not attempt to use more than numa elements in answer. Such behavior is undefined, and may yield bogus data or a crash. The array will be deleted after calling upscli_disconnect(3). Any access after that point is also undefined. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_get() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_list_start(3), upscli_list_next(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSCLI_GET(3)