Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Kubuntu on (certain) Lenovo laptops not possible - reasons? Post 302312809 by septima.pars on Sunday 3rd of May 2009 01:28:45 PM
Old 05-03-2009
i don't see any reason why it would not install or run properly on this particular laptop.

it would be helpful to know: what kind of error messages or performance issues did your brother mention regarding the previous installs (or attempted installs)? this brings me to my next question: does the OS install at all? or does it fail DURING the install?

thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux laptops

Hi Guru's, I am planning to buy a laptop/ desktop for installing linux for practice. Can you please suggest me which of the above is best. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
3 Replies

2. Hardware

Lenovo thinkvision USB Screen LT1421wD 1366x768

Hi all, I have Lenovo thinkvision USB Screen LT1421wD (1366x768 resolution). It works fine using windows and the manufacturer does not support linux. Is there a way to make it enabled for RHEL 6 64 bit? Has anyone here had the knowledge how to do it? Thanks, Kevin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzone
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to type ^ (caret) on Lenovo laptop?

Hi how to type " ^ " symbol in unix .. i am using a lenovo laptop ^ matches start of line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris flicker on lenovo laptop x230

hi I installled Solaris 11.3 on my Lenovo X230 with Intel HD Graphics 4000, trouble is the graphic driver doesn't play well with 11.3, on the right of the screen, it blinking/flashing/shifting and no colour (grey; see pic below). I try to reduce resolution to 1024*768, I can't reduce the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
8 Replies

5. AIX

Lenovo v3700 v2 direct connect to AIX

i have directly connect AIX pwer 7 to lenovo v3700 v2 without San through fiber card. but i cannot see the WWPN to add AIX as host in management console. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

LENOVO ThinkPad T580 is crashing on Ubuntu 18.04

My LENOVO ThinkPad T580 is crashing on Ubuntu 18.04. The crashes are seemingly happening at random. I tried running the following command as specified by this SO post: sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-hwe-18.04 xserver-xorg-hwe-18.04 However, that did not work the system... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
10 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)