Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fast Data Access MMU Miss
Operating Systems Solaris Fast Data Access MMU Miss Post 302312694 by incredible on Saturday 2nd of May 2009 08:51:08 PM
Old 05-02-2009
set-defaults at the OBP. reset-all. try boot again

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

MMU exception

I hope to post in the right forum, otherwise I apologize for this. if a MMU exception is caused by a process which tries to access to other memory segment (out of its own address space) what the kernel does in this case ? maybe kernel kills the "bad" process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

2. Programming

Read/Write a fairly large amount of data to a file as fast as possible

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the best solution to the following problem, and I'm not yet that much experienced like you. :-) Basically I have to read a fairly large file, composed of "messages" , in order to display all of them through an user interface (made with QT). The messages that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

fast data access mmu miss

hello, before i have install solaris 9, is good. I would like to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a Sun Blade 150 blade. I create cdrom iso burning with a 10x was open I made a boot ok: boot cdrom I get the following error: fast data access mmu miss i do probe-ide all reset-all always ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philo_71
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do i miss counter or what

hello this script should show all users and space they used without problem : ls /home >> /root/users.txt cat /root/users.txt | while read line; do space=`du -s /home/$line` echo "$line space is $space" shift done but when i remove pipe ,script run without any output: ls /home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Check kernel SHM_SHARE MMU

hiii, how can view the value of SHM_SHARE MMU on solaris 10? tnx or the answer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietro1984
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)

NAME
xnbd-watchdog -- Watch a NBD device as started by xnbd-client(1) SYNOPSIS
xnbd-watchdog [--timeout SECONDS] [--interval SECONDS] [--recovery-command COMMAND] [--recovery-command-reboot] [NBD_DEVICE] DESCRIPTION
With the xnbd-watchdog, you can monitor a running nbd-client and trigger actions on failure. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --timeout SECONDS Triggers the recovery command action if the watchdog process is unable to connect to the NBD_DEVICE within the given timeout. If not given, this defaults to 10 seconds. --interval SECONDS Specifies the polling interval between probes. If not given, this defaults to 10 seconds. --recovery-command COMMAND If given, the COMMAND is executed if the watchdog is unable to connect the NBD device after timeout exceeded. --recovery-command-reboot This argument is a shortcut for --recovery-command 'reboot now'. That is, it will reboot the server upon failure. POSITIONAL ARGUMENTS
The following positional options are supported: NBD_SERVER The local nbd-device to be associated with the remote xnbd-server. SEE ALSO
xnbd-server (8). AUTHOR
The NBD kernel module and the NBD tools have been written by Pavel Macheck (pavel@ucw.cz) and is now maintained by Paul Clements. (Paul.Clements@steeleye.com). The xNBD userland (client and server) have been written by Takahiro Hirofuchi (t.hirofuchi@aist.go.jp) This manual page was written by Arno Toell (debian@toell.net) for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)