Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to list group members in solaris 9 Post 302312400 by methyl on Friday 1st of May 2009 09:40:31 AM
Old 05-01-2009
The "logins" command lists all users whether or not they are logged in.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing members of a unix group

I know there is a "groups" command to list the groups a user belongs to, but how about the opposite? Is there a standard command to find out which users belong to a particular group? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ovaska
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How do you list users in a solaris group

I need to list all users in a group. This is a large unix site running nis+. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
6 Replies

3. Solaris

make issue when I add some members into a NIS group on solaris 9,please help !!

Hello Sir, I want to add some members into a group on NIS domain, but when I run "/usr/ccs/bin/make group" to update the group map it was failed :-( the error message is : problem storing develop... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lk74612
4 Replies

4. Programming

allowing members of a group to kill a process

I've written a python program where I want to allow members of a specific group the ability to kill it, and I'm not sure how to do it. I've been looking at the setuid() and setgid() and similar functions in the os module, but haven't been able to get them to work. I can't seem to change the uid or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastcharade
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a list of group members?

Is there a command to get a list of group members? Something similar to the groups command, but instead of passing a username and returning groups, you pass it a groupname, and it returns members? It is difficult to do it manually because the group membership information is split across two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to allow group members to kill process?

Hey I'm writing a script that creates some processes,and some scripts which kill those processes. the question is Simply: How can I allow group members to be able to kill processes created by other member at the same group? I need your help as soon as possible Thanks for your help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Dark Knight
4 Replies

7. Linux

members in a group

Hi all, I am new to Linux.Can anyone tell me how to display or list all the members in a group? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setfacl and granting permissions to a group and its members on a directory

Hi! I created a group HACKERS and made the user "demo" its member. $ id demo uid=500(demo) gid=500(demo) groups=500(demo),502(HACKERS) $ Next, I granted read and execute permissions to the group "HACKERS" on /var/log/httpd as shown below: setfacl -m "g:HACKERS:r-x"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
2 Replies
last(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   last(1)

NAME
last, lastb - indicate last logins of users and ttys SYNOPSIS
file] [name ...] [tty ...] file] [name ...] [tty ...] DESCRIPTION
The command searches backwards through the file (which contains a record of all logins and logouts) for information about a user, a tty, or any group of users and ttys. Arguments specify names of users or ttys of interest. The names of ttys can be given fully or abbreviated. For example, is the same as If multiple arguments are given, the information that applies to any of the arguments is printed. For example, lists all of sessions as well as all sessions on the console terminal. The command prints the sessions of the specified users and ttys, most recent first, indicating when the session began, the duration of the session, and the tty on which the session took place. indicates if the session is still in progress or if it was cut short by a reboot. The pseudo-user logs each time the system reboots. Thus, is a useful command for evaluating the relative time between system reboots. If is interrupted, it indicates how far the search has progressed in If interrupted by a quit signal (generated by a Ctrl-), indicates how far the search has progressed, then continues the search. The command searches backwards through the database file to display bad login information. Access to should be restricted to users with appropriate privileges (owned by and readable only by because it may contain password information. Options The and commands recognize the following options and arguments: (none) If no arguments are specified, prints a record of all logins and logouts in reverse order, most recent first. When used with and displays the user's host name as it is stored in the files and respectively. The host name is displayed between the tty name and the user's login time. Limits the report to number of lines. Use file as the name of the accounting file instead of or Use file as the name of the accounting database instead of This option should be used along with the option. Display the fields in long format if this flag is used along with the flag. Without the flag, normal output is displayed. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley and HP. FILES
Bad login database Login database New login database New bad login database SEE ALSO
login(1), utmp(4), wtmps(4). last(1)