Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Notepad help needed easy quick question Post 302312330 by mr_spidey on Friday 1st of May 2009 12:05:29 AM
Old 05-01-2009
how do i change lang, cause if i open file in hebrew i cant see hebrew i see gibrrish

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy question

Hi, Simple question. How do I convert a unix text file to a dos text file? Thanks Helen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A easy question.

this is the simple question, please help me! the question is: how to send exactly 50 ICMP Echo request packets with 500 bytes of payload to 202.139.129.221? I tried to use ping -F 500 202.139.129.221, but it didn't work. Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikikaka
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

IP Address changes - Quick Help Needed.

We are running Solaris 9 and I have changed the IP address, Subnet Mask & Broadcast Address using ifconfig and have also changed the default gateway. How do I save these changes as I have bounced the box and it reverted back to the old IP Address settings. I am really new to UNIX and we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingerd2003
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help needed in the Shell Script

Hiii, i have a doubt here-- I have to take backup of all the files inside directory dir(logs,tmp,corefiles) at the location $BackupLocation.i should take the backup of logs,tmp,corefiles inside the $BackupLocation directory and then remove the files and touch the files inside the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Guidance needed for quick script

Hi all, I am trying to get the exception count daily from a log file which is more than 1 GB in size. I am using loops which get the count of the exception and transaction. But i need to take this exception count for a time frame from 5.00 am to 5:00 pm. I Think I can use to exact the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Favour needed

Hi there, i currently dont have access to my linux machine and need to get these script files sent to someone. Can someone please create .sh files for me with the code that i have displayed below. It would be very very helpfull. There are 3 different scripts and it would be great if someone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLderzz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help on 'awk' needed...!!

bash-2.05$ A=`cat /etc/group |awk -F':' '{if ($1$3$4 ==... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick and easy way to comment out multi lined print statements

Is there a quick and easy way to comment out multi lined print statements? something like this? printf("3408 strings_line_tokens %s \n", strings_line_tokens); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
mailto-hebrew(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mailto-hebrew(1)

NAME
mailto-hebrew - Run the mailto program to send Hebrew/English mail SYNOPSIS
mailto-hebrew mailto-arguments DESCRIPTION
The mailto-hebrew program will start an xterm using the appropriate font in order to send mail in mixed Hebrew and English. All comand line options will be passed on to the mailto program. SEE ALSO
mailto(1), shownonascii(1) BUGS
This is such a tiny program it might actually be bug-free, but I wouldn't bet on it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 mailto-hebrew(1)