Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming fopen() - don't know what I'm doing wrong Post 302312315 by frank_rizzo on Thursday 30th of April 2009 10:50:04 PM
Old 04-30-2009
what do you mean freeze?

the program is waiting for input followed by EOF - ctrl+d on most systems. the text file is not used at all.

you should really check to see if the fopen succeded.

ie:

Code:

FILE *text = NULL;

text = fopen("input.txt", "r");

if(text == NULL)
    {
       printf("ERROR: could not open file\n");
       exit(1);
    }

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Mac OS X - open() and fopen() with French filename

Hi I was trying to open a file with french name on Mac OS-X with open() and fopen() but it didn't work.Do we have any POSIX unix func. which can be used to open any file with special name. if anybody has an idea plz help. Thanks Mohit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohit grover
1 Replies

2. Programming

.cc fopen failed - Broken Pipe

hello.. i make some code with C in freebsd 5.4 and compile it in solaris somehow i succeed compile the program. but when i run it, i got error message "Broken Pipe" i looked out the syntax that that caused this, fp = fopen("file.tmp","r"); does anyone know why, and how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuampang
3 Replies

3. Programming

fopen() + reading in large text files

For reading in large text files (say files over 1kB in size) are there any issues with fopen() that I should be aware of ? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
2 Replies

4. Web Development

CAN TCPDF USE fopen() or Convert URL To PDF?

Dear all, I'm a newbie for PHP and TCPDF ,I have to change the URL to PDF, so I used FPDF , But it cannot convert most of the advanced HTML tags. So explored again and found TCPDF , it can do most of the tag but I cannot found to change URL to PDF. So Does anyone can point the example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athae
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux fopen() mistery. Help required.

Hello! I'm having problems with fopen() call in Linux. I have shared library (created by myself) that implements some file operations: int lib_func(char* file_name) { ... fd = fopen(file_name, "r"); if(!fd) {... exit with error ...} ... do something useful using fd ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalbi
2 Replies

6. Programming

fopen and open

what is the difference between fopen and open fread and read fwrite and write open and create why this much of functions for the i/o when everything does the same...? What is their major difference? In which case, which is the best to use. :confused:'ed Collins (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
2 Replies

7. Programming

overhead of fopen/freopen

I always assumed the fopen/freopen is very costly, so when I needed to work with many files within on process I spent extra time to implement a list of FILE * pointers to avoid extra open/reopen but it did not produced any better results. Here is a task at hand - there is a huge stream of data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

8. Programming

help plz - fopen()

Hello, I have a problem here, I want to write a function called"myfopen()" instead of "fopen()" for writing this function I must not use the <stdio.h> library, Can you help me? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamed.samie
2 Replies
FPRINTF(3)								 1								FPRINTF(3)

fprintf - Write a formatted string to a stream

SYNOPSIS
int fprintf (resource $handle, string $format, [mixed $args], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Write a string produced according to $format to the stream resource specified by $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -A file system pointer resource that is typically created using fopen(3). o $format - See sprintf(3) for a description of $format. o $args - o $... - RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the string written. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fprintf(3): zero-padded integers <?php if (!($fp = fopen('date.txt', 'w'))) { return; } fprintf($fp, "%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day); // will write the formatted ISO date to date.txt ?> Example #2 fprintf(3): formatting currency <?php if (!($fp = fopen('currency.txt', 'w'))) { return; } $money1 = 68.75; $money2 = 54.35; $money = $money1 + $money2; // echo $money will output "123.1"; $len = fprintf($fp, '%01.2f', $money); // will write "123.10" to currency.txt echo "wrote $len bytes to currency.txt"; // use the return value of fprintf to determine how many bytes we wrote ?> SEE ALSO
printf(3), sprintf(3), sscanf(3), fscanf(3), vsprintf(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group FPRINTF(3)