Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doubt reg prstat command
Operating Systems Solaris doubt reg prstat command Post 302311941 by devtakh on Thursday 30th of April 2009 03:45:09 AM
Old 04-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitranjansahu
RSS is the physical memory allocated on RAM
It is a part of the process memory which is on the system RAM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

small doubt reg uname command

Am new to solaris can anyone explain the fields in the below command. Also let me know the difference between nodename and hostname. Here osnask2 is the hostname and type SUNOS. What abt the remaining fields.? #uname -a SunOS osnska2 5.8 Generic_117350-47 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. Solaris

doubt reg syslogd daemon

can anyone explain what is syslogd daemon in solaris. What is the use and how to start and stop the syslogd. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. Solaris

doubt reg time stamp in files.

I copied a file from one host to another using sftp. But after copying the time stamp is not updating . Even though I checked the permission, it looks good. I copied the same file to some temporary location, there it updating the time stamp. Anyone have any idea on this (6 Replies)
6 Replies

4. Solaris

doubt reg gzip,gunzip

Hi, Can anyone let me explain the difference between tar , uncompress,gzip and gunzip commands. both gzip and gunzip are same i think correct me if am wrong. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

doubt reg crontab

Hi, I have a doubt reg crontab entries. If the user name is there in /etc/cron.d/cron.allow and also in cron.deny file will he able to execute. if the user is not in both the file means wt will do? (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Solaris

doubt reg Minfree.

Hi When setting minfree to a certain percentage using the tunefs command, does this actually prevent users from accesing the partition when the limit is reached or not?.. It is a separate file system or not More clarification regarding minfree will be useful for me . (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt reg SCP

Hi , I have a doubt reg SCP . For eg.. FileA is in host1 .Is it possible to receive fileA by logging to host2 using SCP.. Please let me know what is the major difference between scp and sftp.. We can use both for file transfer(correct me if am wrong) (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Solaris

doubt reg Netprobe

Can anyone explains me what is the basic functionality of Netprobe service. How to find the netprobe status whether it is running or stopped.. Only start|stop|restart option is there. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Solaris

doubt reg mailx command

Hi, Am trying to send mail from solaris host to my mailbox, but while executing mailx command am getting the follow error.Is this syntax corect? #mailx -s "subject" <myid> The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Solaris

doubt reg EEPROM

Hi , Am new to solaris can anyone tell me what is the use of setting the eeprom variable to true or false ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)