Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol Post 302311794 by pavanmp on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 02:39:41 PM
Old 04-29-2009
Question Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program...
01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345"
01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8).

CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM
GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE.

WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE will return a numeric success / failure indicator.

My script returns values using exit command as below: (suggestion to improve the script will also help) -

#getUserId.sh - Get user from /etc/passwd using PID passed from cobol program.
processid=$1
echo $processid
if test -f pslog
then \rm pslog
fi
ps -ef -o "%u: %p" | grep $processid > pslog
cat pslog
puser_id="$(cut -d: -f1 < pslog)"
echo "User Name=" $puser_id;
puser_name="$(cut -f 1,5 -d : /etc/passwd | grep $puser_id)"
echo $puser_name
exit $puser_name /* I want to pass this back to cobol program that called thsi scrip*/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobol On Unix

Hi , Could anyone please tell me about the whole procedure for compiling, linking the cobol program on unix platform. As i am mainframe guy and very new to unix, any help will be very appriciated, Regards, -Vinit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit_cyberguy
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

COBOL on linux?!

Hello guys, I'm searching for a good COBOL compiler which runs on linux. In fact I have found one but I'm really lost with its installation!! I don't know how to install it and how it works. In fact I'm not so good in linux and I always have problems with installation, but this time it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

3. Solaris

COBOL issue

Hi, I am working on a Mainframe to UNIX replatforming project. we are facing problems with COBOL COMP-3 fields. We are using the Mainframe emulator software to download the data which has COMP-3 fields and using it as input to the same COBOL programs which were copied from Mainframe and did the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayaprakash T
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

COBOL file status 39

When I execute a COBOL load module, I get the following error: $ a.out IWZ200S Error detected during OPEN for file 'ABE-INPUT'. File status is: 39. Message routine called from offset 0x38 of routine iwzWriteERRmsg. iwzWriteERRmsg called from offset 0x3c4 of routine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rm-cobol 85

Does anyone use the following Cobol compiler: RM/COBOL-85 Compiler - Version 5.15.00 for SCO Unix 386. I am looking for a file that might be part of the distribution named "osmain.o" Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

6. Programming

cobol programme

I have some compile programme .crn now I want to run .crn programme on express cobol which allow only *.gnt programme any solution to run *.crn programme (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
0 Replies

7. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

8. SCO

cobol installation

Dear All, while installing mfcobol in sco open unix 5 in piv m/cs, when run #sh ./install this error massage is comming load error file lmfnewdb error code 198 pc=0 call=-1 seg=0 198 load failor chmod warrning can not acess /opt/lib/mflmf/mflmfdb no such file or directory (error-2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

9. Linux

Cobol on Linux

Hello, I have got a specific requirement of running a COBOL code on EL5. Not sure if GCC includes the compiler for COBOL. Currently what I can think of installing openCOBOL in EL5 server and hand it over to developers. From what I think need to do is, compile COBOL code using openCOBOL ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravkamdar
5 Replies

10. Programming

UNIX commad in COBOL

Hi guys, i used the call "sytem" using ... in a cobol program. At the moment i stoped at an empasse, how cam I retrive the execution's result of unix command? Explenation, I made an 'pwd' command, and I must to have the directory inside the program. How can have this result? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prosy60
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD