Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignore error and get ls file count Post 302311780 by lynchmob on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 01:40:35 PM
Old 04-29-2009
Thanks all! That solution will work perfect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count the record count in an EBCDIC file.

How do I get the record count in an EBCDIC file on a Linux Box. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from a file and pass as variables and ignore # in the file

file.txt contains ------------------ sat1 1300 #sat2 2400 sat3 sat4 500 sat5 I need to write a shell script that will output like the below #output sat1.ksh 1300 sat3.ksh sat4.ksh 500 sat5.ksh my try ------- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: konark
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Sum, Count and Distinct Count of a file

Hi all this is a UNIX question. I have a large flat file with millions of records. col1|col2|col3 1|a|b 2|c|d 3|e|f 3|g|h footer**** I am supposed to calculate the sum of col1 1+2+3+3=9, count of col1 1,2,3,3=4, and distinct count of col1 1,2,3=c3 I would like it if you avoid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhabhijit
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat : ignore I/O error

Hello, I have to backup some cds but I get an I/O error message when I hit a bad sector (using the command cat) and my question is : what can I do to force the system to ignore theses errors (or all kind of errors) and let the process keep going? (sorry for any eventuals language errors, I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actraiser47
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to ignore multiline comment from a file while reading it

Hi friends , I want to ignore single and multiline comment( enclosed by " \* *\" ) of a file whle reading it. I am using the below code. nawk '/\/\*/{f=1} /\*\//{f=0;next} !f' proc.txt | while read str do ... done The problem is its working partially. that is its failing in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore garbage output file

Hi All, below is my shell script #!/bin/sh set -x echo "test for multiple values" UIDPSWD=`cat /projects/feeds/twest/uidpswd` echo "oracle connection test" full=/projects/feeds/twest/test_file values=`cut -d'|' -f1 $full|sed -e "s/.*/'&'/" -e 's/$/,/g' -e '$s/,$//'` sqlplus $UIDPSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to ignore Netout Error.?

Hi All , Am using unix KSH . I would like to clarify two doubts. Whenever am transfering the zero size file am getting the warning message netout. files will be transferred to target server or not? I have used the code as if then VAR="ftp.sh -c put ${FILE} ${FILE}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore error in command in bash script?

Hello, i have bash script where im cycling some command for different lines in external file. example: while read domain;do nslookupout=$(nslookup -type=ns $domain) || true another commands done < filenamewithdomains i added: || true after the command in belief it will just skip... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and ignore list from file

cat /tmp/i.txt '(ORA-28001|ORA-00100|ORA-28001|ORA-20026|ORA-20025|ORA-02291|ORA-01458|ORA-01017|ORA-1017|ORA-28000|ORA-06512|ORA-06512|Domestic Phone|ENCRYPTION)' grep -ia 'ORA-\{5\}:' Rep* |grep -iavE `cat /tmp/i.txt` grep: Unmatched ( or \( Please tell me why am i getting that (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
6 Replies
SPPRFS(l)								 )								 SPPRFS(l)

NAME
SPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, IWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS INTEGER IWORK( * ) REAL AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
SPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) REAL array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the symmetric matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) REAL array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**T*U or A = L*L**T, as computed by SPPTRF/CPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by SPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (3*N) IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SPPRFS(l)