Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Static libraries and fork()
Top Forums Programming Static libraries and fork() Post 302311707 by Corona688 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 10:43:21 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Once its made into an executable, a static library is no longer a library, but part of the code of the executable itself. If it forked, I think it'd share the code segments like any other executable would.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

2. Programming

Static objects in libraries

Hi! I have the following problem with C++ programs on Unix: There is a binary executable program called, e.g. Main. It is dynamically linked with two shared libraries: Shared1 and Shared2. Both of these libraries, in turn, are statically linked with a static library called Static. This static... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro@altiris
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

static and shared libraries

can someone explain whether my understanding is correct lets suppose we have a program that uses library x. if x is static then the code of x will be part of our program, so if we're going to have 5 executables of our program, then each executable will have x as part of it. Also, x does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

6. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

8. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

9. Programming

Question about what Static Libraries are...

im used to windows dll which gets loaded at runtime, are static libraries the same? the ones i link with -l on gcc? i mean, if my app used libpng for example, and i compiled it to a single ELF executable and took it to another pc that have no libpng on it, will it work? or it will complain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonhyM
2 Replies

10. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies
SoDecimationPercentageElement(3)				       Coin					  SoDecimationPercentageElement(3)

NAME
SoDecimationPercentageElement - The SoDecimationPercentageElement class is yet to be documented. FIXME: write doc. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/elements/SoDecimationPercentageElement.h> Inherits SoFloatElement. Public Member Functions virtual void init (SoState *state) FIXME: write doc. Static Public Member Functions static SoType getClassTypeId (void) static int getClassStackIndex (void) static void * createInstance (void) static void initClass (void) static void set (SoState *const state, SoNode *const node, const float complexity) FIXME: write doc. static void set (SoState *const state, const float complexity) FIXME: write doc. static float get (SoState *const state) FIXME: write doc. static float getDefault (void) FIXME: write doc. Protected Member Functions virtual ~SoDecimationPercentageElement () Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description The SoDecimationPercentageElement class is yet to be documented. FIXME: write doc. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SoDecimationPercentageElement::~SoDecimationPercentageElement (void) [protected], [virtual] The destructor. Member Function Documentation SoType SoDecimationPercentageElement::getClassTypeId (void) [static] This static method returns the class type. Reimplemented from SoFloatElement. int SoDecimationPercentageElement::getClassStackIndex (void) [static] This static method returns the state stack index for the class. Reimplemented from SoFloatElement. void * SoDecimationPercentageElement::createInstance (void) [static] This API member is considered internal to the library, as it is not likely to be of interest to the application programmer. void SoDecimationPercentageElement::initClass (void) [static] This static method initializes static data for the SoDecimationPercentageElement class. Reimplemented from SoFloatElement. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SoDecimationPercentageElement(3)