Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing lines having #
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing lines having # Post 302311484 by methyl on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 09:05:54 PM
Old 04-28-2009
Thx. Prefer left-to-right top-to-bottom in scripts.
Your method is faster in script execution but slower for students to follow.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines within a file

Hi There, I've written a script that processes a data file on our system. Basically the script reads a post code from a list file, looks in the data file for the first occurrence (using grep) and reads the line number. It then tails the data file, with the line number just read, and outputs to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tookers
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Blank Lines

Hi i have the below lines from a file 7538 PRGRP450800PERSONAL SOAP AND BATH ADDITIV 7036 PRGRP450800PERSONAL SOAP AND BATH ADDITIV 7036 PRGRP450800PERSONAL SOAP AND BATH ADDITIV 7036... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines with sed

Here is some code output that I have: architecture ppc cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_POWERPC_ALL offset 4096 size 184464 align 2^12 (4096) architecture ppc64 cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC64 cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_POWERPC_ALL offset 192512 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings

Hi, Please provide shell script to Remove empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings in a file. Input File : A1/EXT "BAP_BSC6/07B/00" 844 090602 1605 RXOCF-465 PDTR11 1 SITE ON BATTERY A2/EXT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last two lines

I have an awk script that replaces ">" with % %> %< SOURCE", ++i %( PHASE 1", i I use the following script />/ { if ( FNR > 1 ) { print "%)" print "%>" } print "" print "%< SOURCE", ++i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines with condition

Hello guys, I need help with a script for removing lines that does not satisfy a condition. For example if a file has these lines: aaaa bbbb cccc aaaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffff gggg hhhh iiii jjjj kkkk llll aaaa bbbb cccc jjjj kkkk lllll dddd eeee ffff dddd eeee ffff Then I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines from a file

Hi, I have a linux server that was hacked and I have a bunch of files that sporadically contain the following lines through out the file: <?php eval(base64_decode("Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx")); I did't put the exact lines of the file in this post. The "Xxxx" are random letters/numbers.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nck
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining broken lines and removing empty lines

Hi - I have req to join broken lines and remove empty lines but should NOT be in one line. It has to be as is line by line. The challenge here is there is no end of line/start of line char. thanks in advance Source:- 2003-04-34024|04-10-2003|Claims|Claim|01-13-2003|Air Bag:Driver;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackceasar123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
AMC-MAILING(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						    AMC-MAILING(1)

NAME
AMC-mailing - mail PDF annotated completed answer sheets to students SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice mailing [--xmlargs args.xml] --projet project-dir --students-list students-list.csv [--list-encoding encoding] --email-column col --sender sender-email --subject subject --text email-body [--debug file.log] [transport arguments...] DESCRIPTION
The command AMC-mailing.pl sends by email the PDF annotated completed answer sheets to the students. Email addresses are taken from the students list file. --projet project-dir Gives the project directory. --students-list students-list.csv sets the students list file name. --list-encoding encoding selects an encoding for file students-list.csv (default is utf-8). --email-column col sets the name of the column containing the email addresses of the students in the students list file. --sender sender-email sets the sender email. --subject subject sets the subject of the emails to send. --text email-body sets the body text of the emails to send. --transport transport sets the transport to use. transport may be sendmail or SMTP. --debug file.log gives a file to fill with debugging information. TRANSPORT ARGUMENTS
Depending on the value used for argument transport, the following arguments can be added: Transport sendmail --sendmail-path path sets the path to the sendmail command (defaults to /usr/sbin/sendmail). Transport SMTP --smtp-host host sets the SMTP hostname (defaults to smtp). --smtp-port port sets the port to use (default value is 25). ARGUMENTS IN A XML FILE
To avoid encoding problems, one can place some arguments in a XML file and use the --xmlargs file.xml argument as the first command argument. Here is an exemple of such a file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <arguments> <arg>--sender</arg><arg>Bienvenue &lt;paamc@passoire.fr&gt;</arg> <arg>--text</arg><arg>Voila votre copie corrigee</arg> <arg>--subject</arg><arg>QCM</arg> </arguments> AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-MAILING(1)