Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To append \ in the input password Post 302311454 by ssuresh1999 on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 05:36:53 PM
Old 04-28-2009
To append \ in the input password

Hi
I have the following issue
i am going to ask from the user the password
The password can have $ anywhere that is first last or in between but i have to append \ before the $ sign in the password can anyone please help

For example
o/p in the console will be like the following

Please Enter the password
Su$esh

Internally i should make it Su\$esh
How to achieve this. Can anyone please help

Thanks in advance
Suresh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to append password in /etc/shadow file

Hi, I want to append password into /etc/shadow file using a shell script. My below script does add the users to both /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow but how can I add the hordcoded passwords to /etc/shadow file can some one help me ? # To add the groups into /etc/group file for a_user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: modgil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Password

I have a script which connects to database. I want user to input user name and password but dont want the password characters to be displayed on screen. How can i accept input from user in encrypted form. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baglasumit21
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take user input and then append to another file

Hi, I have below line from the config file $__MR_CONFIG = 'userinput'; I want to get the value from the user for the "userinput" and then append the full line to another file. Can you please let me know how can I proceed on this? I am new to unix and your help is greatly appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nav123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Password

I am writing a script that can automatically login to Storage CAM console. i use this command, ./sscs login -u user -h localhost. at that time it will prompt for password, is it possible for store password in a file and supply it when it waits for password. Thanks in advance. Regards SK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

input username and password interactively

Hi guys, I am using Solaris 10 and we install IBM OnDemand server there. there's a command called arsload that we use to load document and query document too. I need to write a script to query document but when querying document, this command prompt for username then password. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markthien
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append file based upon user input-- solved

Ok, I have a script with a commandline option that allows the user to add a custom function to the script file. I have tried everything in my limited knowledge of sed to get this to work and keep coming up short. I need sed to search for a line starting with a pattern, I've got that part so far,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Append password on script when restarting web instance

im writing a start/stop script for a web instance (solaris) . Currently I usually start it using the command below and it will ask me to put the token password for the web_instance. (token pw: 12345) /opt/SUNWwbsvr/https-www.myhost.com/start I would like to create a script that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< generate alphabets and append in the input values >>

Hi Team, Pls help to get the desired output. I have a input like below nodecount=10 host=na7-db1-1-chi nodecount can be 10 or 8 based on this we need a output (in single line) like below na7-db1-1-chi:A na7-db1-2-chi:B na7-db1-3-chi:C na7-db1-4-chi:D na7-db1-5-chi:E... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help OS X script : password input

Hello Sorry for the question.. i would like to make a script for OS X that allow me to change the password for a user account. i have to use this script on several iMac with the same user/password. i want to store the passwords inside the script, no security problems involved. the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: araan87
9 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 208 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)