Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting field seperator question (awk script) Post 302311137 by angermanaged on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 02:54:26 AM
Old 04-28-2009
field seperator question (awk script)

Is there a way I could use different a different field seperator for different parts of the body?
kinda like
Code:
{FS = ":"}
FILENAME == "products"{

price[$1-101] = $3
      if(numprods < $1-100)
         numprods = $1-100
      }

{FS = "/"}{}
FILENAME == "associates"{

associateid[$1-21] = $1
      name[$1-21] = $2
      job[$1-21] = $4
      if($1-20 > numworkers)
         numworkers = $1-20
      }

{FS = ","}
FILENAME == "sales"{

quantity[numsales] = $2
      sold[numsales] = $1
      who[numsales] = $4
      numsales++
      }

cause so far I haven't had any luck with it. Only the first part seems to respond to the change.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Field Seperator Help

I wrote a script on HPUX 11.11 to turn a Decimal subnet mask (255.255.254.0) to hex 0xfffffe00 (subset of a bigger script). It works great on the HPUX systems but on the freebsd box the awk is not seperating the fields properly. I tried to google for a solution and seaching these forums i am just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find columns with whitespace as field seperator?

Hai I am using bash-2.03$ bash --version GNU bash, version 2.03.0(1)-release (sparc-sun-solaris) I am not able to use gawk command its showing command not found , why ? Eg: awk 'NR==1' fix.txt | gawk 'BEGIN { FIELDWIDTHS = "3 2" } { printf($1"|"$2); }'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

yet another awk field syntax question

I am trying to print the remaing fields and field numbers beginning with a field 'xyz' #cat abc test1:test2:xyz:test3:test4:test5 #cat def test1:test2:test3:xyz:test4:test5 desired output is to be able to print NF and any trailing fields separated by':' test3 3 or test4 3 or test5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp to print after a field seperator

Hi, How do i Print anything after a ':' Ex : file1: 1235131(rs32553) I want to print out "1235131(rs32553)" how do i do it. I know we can do this using awk but looking for the right syntax. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Ram (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change field seperator

Hi Please help me out with this problem: I want to have a script that would change the nth field seperator in a line into something else. like a,d,4,2,97,8,9 into a,d,4,2,97/8/9 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing value with no obvious field seperator

Hi all, Can anybody think of a way to do this? I have a file with content like the following: F_TOP_PARAM_VALUEF_TOP_SOURCEF_TOP_DEL_NOTIFICATIONF_DEST_ADDRF_TOP_DEL_TYPE What I want to do is print out the value in the square brackets after F_TOP_SOURCE. So in this case I'd like to print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a field seperator in a file.

"355"|""|"NJ"|"A0A 1W0"|"V"|""|""|""|"N" I've the above sample data seperated with pipe delimeter and in the file I want to replace a space with "|" to the 4th field so the result would be like below. So it would change from 9 fields to 10 fields. "355"|""|"NJ"|"A0A"|"1W0"|"V"|""|""|""|"N" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUBSEP Seperator problem with awk

The following code removes new line with in double quotes I am replacing newline character with in double quotes with 123. intermediatenewline_remover () { typeset Infile=$1 nawk -F"," '{ record = record $0 if ( gsub( /"/, "&", record ) % 2 ) { record = record "123" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk question: split field with :

Hi, Probably a very weak question.. but I have tried all I know.. BPC0001:ANNUL_49542 0.0108 -0.0226 -0.0236 0.0042 0.0033 -0.0545 0.0376 0.0097 -0.0093 -0.032 Control BPC0002:ANNUL_49606 0.0190 -0.0142 -0.0060 -0.0217 -0.0027 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Field seperator with awk

Hi, input data format: echo ' <APPLICATION="APPLSG" SUB_APPLICATION="DLY" JOBNAME="DPL_BN_RE_CCMS_SA" CMDLINE="run_job.ksh %%PARAM1 %%PARAM2" TASKTYPE="Command" />' expected format: "APPLSG", "DLY", "DPL_BN_RE_CCMS_SA", "run_job.ksh %%PARAM1 %%PARAM2" my command: echo ' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies
HOBBITLAUNCH(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   HOBBITLAUNCH(8)

NAME
hobbitlaunch - Master program to launch other Xymon programs SYNOPSIS
hobbitlaunch [options] DESCRIPTION
hobbitlaunch(8) is the main program that controls the execution and scheduling of all of the components in the Xymon system. hobbitlaunch allows the administrator to add, remove or change the set of Xymon applications and extensions without restarting Xymon - hob- bitlaunch will automatically notice any changes in the set of tasks, and change the scheduling of activities accordingly. hobbitlaunch also allows the administrator to setup specific logfiles for each component of the Xymon system, instead of getting output from all components logged to a single file. OPTIONS
--env=FILENAME Loads the environment from FILENAME before starting other tools. The environment defined by FILENAME is the default, it can be overridden by the ENVFILE option in hobbitlaunch.cfg(5) --config=FILENAME This option defines the file that hobbitlaunch scans for tasks it must launch. A description of this file is in hobbitlaunch.cfg(5) The default tasklist is /etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg --log=FILENAME Defines the logfile where hobbitlaunch logs information about failures to launch tasks and other data about the operation of hobbit- launch. Logs from individual tasks are defined in the hobbitlaunch.cfg file. By default this is logged to stdout. --pidfile=FILENAME Filename which hobbitlaunch saves its own process-ID to. Commonly used by automated start/stop scripts. --verbose Logs the launch of all tasks to the logfile. Note that the logfile may become quite large if you enable this. --dump Just dump the contents of the hobbitlaunch.cfg file after parsing it. Used for debugging. --debug Enable debugging output while running. --no-daemon hobbitlaunch normally detaches from the controlling tty and runs as a background task. This option keeps it running in the fore- ground. STARTING TASKS
hobbitlaunch will read the configuration file and start all of the tasks listed there. If a task completes abnormally (i.e. terminated by a signal or with a non-zero exit status), then hobbitlaunch will attempt to restart it 5 times. If it still will not run, then the task is disabled for 10 minutes. This will be logged to the hobbitlaunch logfile. If the configuration file changes, hobbitlaunch will re-read it and notice any changes. If a running task was removed from the configura- tion, then the task is stopped. If a new task was added, it will be started. If the command used for a task changed, or it was given a new environment definition file, or the logfile was changed, then the task is stopped and restarted with the new definition. SEE ALSO
hobbitlaunch.cfg(5), xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBITLAUNCH(8)