Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Does anybody know how to simulate press Fn+Scroll Lk in Linux c Post 302311085 by liuyan03 on Monday 27th of April 2009 11:32:51 PM
Old 04-28-2009
Dear Corona688,

I want to use key of Scroll Lk to lock the current screen.
I'm quite new in linux c development. But familiar with windows c, c++ programming.

The context is like this:
I want to migrate the application program of Turbo C in Dos OS to Linux environment.
I think you may be expert in Turbo C program.
One function is to get the status of current screen.(locked or unlocked) and set the current screen to be locked or unlocked.

I don't know how to design this kind of migration. Maybe I should not translate line by line, but use another more sensible method.
Can you give some suggestions on this? Thank you very much!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate linux shell using script

hi guys I was requested to create a script to simulate a linux shell so when the user opens linux he will get my linux menu with some options and one of those is a simulated linux shell this is my code #!/bin/ksh while do read whichcmd?"Enter Command: " $whichcmd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Volunteers for Unix Linux News Site (Word Press)

We are thinking to replace our "not very popular blog" with a "news channel" using the Wordpress newswire 1.2 theme. Anyone interested in volunteering to be a "reporter", "writer" or "editor"? ---------- Post updated at 09:18 ---------- Previous update was at 09:15 ---------- OBTW, I got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies
tis_mutex_lock(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 tis_mutex_lock(3)

NAME
tis_mutex_lock - Locks an unlocked mutex. LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <tis.h> int tis_mutex_lock( pthread_mutex_t *mutex); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Address of the mutex (passed by reference) to be locked. DESCRIPTION
This routine locks the specified mutex mutex. A deadlock can result if the current owner of a mutex calls this routine in an attempt to lock the same mutex a second time. (DECthreads does not detect or report the deadlock.) In a threaded environment, the thread that has locked a mutex becomes its current owner and remains the owner until the same thread has unlocked it. This routine returns with the mutex in the locked state and with the current thread as the mutex's current owner. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by mutex is invalid. A deadlock condition is detected. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: tis_mutex_destroy(3), tis_mutex_init(3), tis_mutex_trylock(3), tis_mutex_unlock(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off tis_mutex_lock(3)