Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert Text within multipul files - for loop Post 302310871 by mrlayance on Monday 27th of April 2009 09:10:30 AM
Old 04-27-2009
Convert Text within multipul files - for loop

Is this possible?

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
for file in `*.idlesince` 
do
  while read inter time
  do
    printf "%s %s\n" "${inter}" "$(perl -e 'print scalar localtime('"${time}"') . "\n";')" >> "${file}.done"
  done < "${file}"
done

The error I get is
Code:
line 9: router.idlesince: command not found

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Multipul Fiels as One shot

Hi there This is my first post. I just want to know the best way to print N number of files as one shot. Let's simulate the case ... > ls file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt file4.txt file5.txt What is the best way to print all this files.. what I'm doing now is / > print... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to convert text files with recurring headings to rows and colum

I have many text file reports generated by a Information Assurance tool that I need to get into a .CSV format or Excel tab delimited format. I want to use sed or awk to grab all the information in the sample text file below and create column headings:Risk ID, Risk Level, Category, Description, How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bjoeboo
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk?

I have a text file which contains lines in this format - it contains 105 lines in total, but I'm just putting 4 here to keep it short: 58571,east_ppl_ppla_por 58788,east_pcy_hd_por 58704,east_pcy_ga_por 58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por It's called id_key.txt I have a sample folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscuitcreek
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert directory of text files to Unix/Linux Line Ending

I need help converting a directory of *.txt with Windows line ending to UTF-8 character encoding and Unix/Linux line ending. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Shell Script To Loop Program Through Multiple Text Files

Hello, So I have approximately 300 files of raw data (.txt) files that I am using to perform statistical analysis. I have been able to construct a Fortran program that is able to perform my statistical analysis on a file by file basis. However, I now want to be able to loop program through... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert AFP files to Text?

Hi I am trying to locate a unix utility to convert AFP files to readable text format There are plenty of windows tools, but I need a unix equivilant. Can anyone help? Sample Windows tool that works: AFP To Text Converter 2 2 Download page - AFP To Text Converter Shareware Download ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop a text file to remove the old files?

Hi , I'm using Ksh 88 version. I've a text file which contains the directory names DIR1 DIR2 ---- DIR10 I've to remove the data which has more that 30 days from the above directories . The data has to be removed from the following path cd /home/etc/DIR1/hist cd /home/etc/DIR2/hist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through the dir and Rename zip files and their underlying text file.

I have files in the ABC_YYYYMMDD.zip format under a directory. Each zip file contains A text file in the ABC_YYYYMMDD.txt format. I am trying to create a script that will Rename the zip files and their underlying text file replacing the datepart in them with . For eg: in the case of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash987
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to convert text output in the HTML format

Hello Everyone, I have a sample file raw.txt as shown below : Drive Bays Bay Name : SD-2C Number of Standby Power Supplies : 4 Number of Drive Enclosures : 12 Summary Status of Contained Modules All... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Programming

Read .xlsx and text files in a loop using openpyxl

I have a list of .xlsx files (names 1.xlsx, 2.xlsx etc) in a directory, on which I need to insert data from its corresponding text file (named 1.txt, 2.txt etc) on the second worksheet named 'Filtered' and save it. The code I am trying is #!/usr/bin/python import os from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
8 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)