Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED - replace with new line didnīt work for solaris Post 302310868 by alcalina on Monday 27th of April 2009 09:01:15 AM
Old 04-27-2009
MySQL solved - thanks

thanks, It was a stupid problem mine
I was trying so hard to find one break line that do not think in enter

Sorry

Last edited by alcalina; 04-27-2009 at 10:13 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script didn;t work in cron !!! @_@

Hi all, I am writing a script to monitor some processes existence in the system. It works perfectly by running the script manually in commend line. However, when I put it under cron to run it failed. Everything time when the variable is null in the if statment. it failed and quitted. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail program on shell script didn't work, please advise.

Hi, everyone: I post a new thread because previous post may sink and I hope the new one can be caught by your eyes. I created a shell script and the script works fine. However, the mail program part on script didn't send email to my email box and it also didn't provide any traceable... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to start DB didn't work, help

I have created a script to strat and shutdown Oracle 10g DB on Solaris automatically when UNIX reboot. In the begining, it worked well. All of sudden, the dbstart part didn't work, other 3 part for lsnrctl, emctl, isqlplusctl all worked fine. I think it was TNS_ADMIN variable got problem. Because... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starce didn't work

Hello, I am learning to debug in sgi-Irix6.5, after a core dump, I was adviced to perform a "strace", but I got the following information: ERROR: tracer already exists what shall I do now? Thanks a lot Daniel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does Sed Search/Replace Work For Multiple Matches On The Same Line?

Hello, I would like to delete all the footnotes in all my htm files. Hence, I have to delete the whole font tag pairs, i.e. deleting everything between the begin/end font tags. I create a testfile, of which data parts of all four lines are the same except for the number of font tag pairs,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cibalo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace not work Pls. help me

sed replace not work Pls. help me I used sed command in my file 66875964560@1982589 90825890001@90825890001@3@15/12/2007 14:25:14@22/03/2010 6:06:13@20/01/2010 3:28:39 66873064490@1925912 90259120001@90259120001@5@02/04/2009 1:51:31@30/10/2009 3:08:34@13/09/2009 8:24:33... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
3 Replies

7. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emulate aix 5.3 , how ....? pearpc didn't work

how to emulate aix 5.3 i had try pearpc , but it didn't work ... someone have some solution? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Solaris Append line to the end of File does not work

Hello, I have to add a new line at the end of a File on Solaris-System: I think my script should be right, because I evaluated it to other threads. However the script does not what I am expected it should do. My file might look like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 And my script could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timo_HR
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Crontab] didn't work

Hello, Here is my crontab # Reboot one Sunday out of 2 at 02:00 0 2 * * 0/2 /usr/bin/reboot 2017-04-16 2017-04-23 2017-04-30 and so on I tested my crontab here, it seems to work Http://cron.schlitt.info/index.php?c...=100&test=Test However on my distrib linux mageïa When I register... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
4 Replies
wrjpgcom(1)							   User Commands						       wrjpgcom(1)

NAME
wrjpgcom - insert text comments into a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
wrjpgcom [-replace] [-comment text] [-cfile name] [filename] DESCRIPTION
wrjpgcom reads the named JPEG or JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and generates a new JPEG or JFIF file on the stan- dard output. A comment block is added to the file. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard does not actually define the intended function of COM blocks, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This enables you to add annotations, titles, index terms, and so on to your JPEG files, and later retrieve the COM blocks as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have many COM blocks in one JPEG file. wrjpgcom adds a COM block, containing text that you provide, to a JPEG file. Ordinarily, the COM block is added after any existing COM blocks, but you can delete the old COM blocks if you wish. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -cfile name Read the text for a new COM block from the named file. -comment text Supply the text for a new COM block on the command line. -replace Delete any existing COM blocks from the file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the JPEG file to which you want to add text comments. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
To add only one line of comment text, use the -comment option to provide the text on the command line. Specify the comment text within quotes, so that the text is treated as a single argument. Longer comments can be read from a text file. If you specify neither the -comment nor the -cfile option, wrjpgcom reads the comment text from standard input. In such cases, you must supply an input image filename. You can enter multiple lines, up to 64KB. Type an end-of-file indicator, usually Ctrl-D, to terminate the comment text entry. wrjpgcom does not add a COM block if the provided comment string is empty. Therefore, you can use -replace -comment "" to delete all COM blocks from a file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Adding a Short Comment to in.jpg to Produce out.jpg example% wrjpgcom -c "View of my back yard" in.jpg > out.jpg Example 2: Attaching a Long Comment Previously Stored in comment.txt example% wrjpgcom in.jpg < comment.txt > out.jpg or example% wrjpgcom -cfile comment.txt < in.jpg > out.jpg In this example, 1000 is a number that is larger than the number of rows in the source file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWjpg | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1) NOTES
This man page was originally written by the Independent JPEG Group. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 wrjpgcom(1)