Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU 0% idle - how do I find what was running? Post 302310844 by Neo on Monday 27th of April 2009 08:08:47 AM
Old 04-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlam
Thanks. Yeah, it's a historical process that I was after. I shall wait patiently for your non-mobile based response... Smilie
I recommend that you install a free monitoring package that (1) stores performance data in an open source database, (2) has excellent charting / visualization capabilities, (3) works well out-of-the-box and (4) is easily extended.

For this site, we use Zabbix to monitor and troubleshoot performance issues.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU idle

hi when should we consider that CPU is loaded? When it is 100% idle or 0%idle?? tx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

sar output gives 98% idle CPU

Dear All, Our HPUX 8 GB 8CPU database server is behaving abnormally for the last 4+ weeks. I have generated a sar output and it is here- 11:46:52 %usr %sys %wio %idle 11:46:53 1 1 6 92 11:46:54 0 1 0 99 11:46:55 0 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrunil
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

vmstat displays cpu idle time at 100%

Since yesterday the vmstat command is displaying the cpu idle time at 100%At each time interval. It never changes. Not sure what it means other than it Quit calculating that stat. And I'm curious why. Using sar I can display a correctCpu idle percent, but vmstat does not. Any ideas why or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrye
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Why CPU idle 0 process nohub lose

Hello Solaris 8 when CPU idle 0 . why nohub process lose ? Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppmanja
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle% cpu and run queue

Hi Everybody, Can anybody explain how CPU idle% is about 50%, but runq-sz more than 1? sar from Solaris 10: 00:00:05 %usr %sys %wio %idle 17:00:08 27 12 0 61 17:20:05 40 15 0 45 17:40:05 27 12 0 61 18:00:05 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Idle Process Exhausting CPU

I noticed when having some trouble with code I was testing that the CPU was becoming exhausted and I would have to reboot. After rebooting a couple times I decided to check for other problems before trying my code again. That's when I noticed that the CPU with the idle process was through the roof:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Idle command to kill the process running n unx box machine

Hi Team , I have one process named as cec_analysiseool that is running on unix box machine now i want to kill this process so please advise what will be the ideal command to kill this , what i have tried is :confused: kill -9 `ps -ef | grep cec_analysiseool | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
2 Replies
MONITOR(8)						      System Manager's Manual							MONITOR(8)

NAME
monitor - Directory Server script for monitoring database performance SYNOPSIS
monitor [ -Z serverID ] [ -D rootdn ] [ -w password ] [ -b basedn ] [-P protocol] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Retrieves performance monitoring information. To run this script, the server must be running. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -D Root DN The Directory Manager DN, or root DN. If not specified, the script will search the server instance configuration for the value. -w password The rootdn password. -b basedn The DN of a backend from cn=config. -P Protocol The connection protocol to connect to the Directory Server. Protocols are STARTTLS, LDAPS, LDAPI, and LDAP. If this option is skipped, the most secure protocol that is available is used. For LDAPI, AUTOBIND is also available for the root user. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
monitor -P STARTTLS Note: security must be enabled to use protocol STARTTLS. If STARTTLS is not available it will default to next strongest/available protocol automatically. monitor -Z instance2 -D 'cn=directory manager' -w password -b 'cn=monitor,cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config' Note: You only need to bind as the root DN if you want to look at a backend monitor. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
monitor was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 MONITOR(8)