Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU 0% idle - how do I find what was running? Post 302310833 by dlam on Monday 27th of April 2009 07:30:57 AM
Old 04-27-2009
Thanks. Yeah, it's a historical process that I was after. I shall wait patiently for your non-mobile based response... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU idle

hi when should we consider that CPU is loaded? When it is 100% idle or 0%idle?? tx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

sar output gives 98% idle CPU

Dear All, Our HPUX 8 GB 8CPU database server is behaving abnormally for the last 4+ weeks. I have generated a sar output and it is here- 11:46:52 %usr %sys %wio %idle 11:46:53 1 1 6 92 11:46:54 0 1 0 99 11:46:55 0 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrunil
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

vmstat displays cpu idle time at 100%

Since yesterday the vmstat command is displaying the cpu idle time at 100%At each time interval. It never changes. Not sure what it means other than it Quit calculating that stat. And I'm curious why. Using sar I can display a correctCpu idle percent, but vmstat does not. Any ideas why or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrye
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Why CPU idle 0 process nohub lose

Hello Solaris 8 when CPU idle 0 . why nohub process lose ? Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppmanja
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle% cpu and run queue

Hi Everybody, Can anybody explain how CPU idle% is about 50%, but runq-sz more than 1? sar from Solaris 10: 00:00:05 %usr %sys %wio %idle 17:00:08 27 12 0 61 17:20:05 40 15 0 45 17:40:05 27 12 0 61 18:00:05 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Idle Process Exhausting CPU

I noticed when having some trouble with code I was testing that the CPU was becoming exhausted and I would have to reboot. After rebooting a couple times I decided to check for other problems before trying my code again. That's when I noticed that the CPU with the idle process was through the roof:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Idle command to kill the process running n unx box machine

Hi Team , I have one process named as cec_analysiseool that is running on unix box machine now i want to kill this process so please advise what will be the ideal command to kill this , what i have tried is :confused: kill -9 `ps -ef | grep cec_analysiseool | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
2 Replies
ruptime(1)						      General Commands Manual							ruptime(1)

NAME
ruptime - show status of local machines SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
outputs a status line for each machine on the local network that is running the daemon. status lines are formed from packets broadcast once every 3 minutes between daemons (see rwhod(1M)) on each host on the network. Each status line has a field for the name of the machine, the status of the machine (up or down), how long the machine has been up or down, the number of users logged into the machine, and the 1-, 5- and 15-minute load averages for the machine when the packet was sent. The status of the machine is reported as ``up'' unless no report has been received from the machine for 11 minutes or more. The length of time that the machine has been up is shown as: Load averages are the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1-, 5- and 15-minute intervals when the packet was sent. An example status line output by might be: The above status line would be interpreted as follows: is presently ``up'' and has been up for 1 day, 5 hours and 15 minutes. It currently has 7 users logged in. Over the last 1-minute inter- val, an average of 1.47 jobs were in the run queue. Over the last 5-minute interval, an average of 1.16 jobs were in the run queue. Over the last 15-minute interval, an average of 0.80 jobs were in the run queue. If a user has not used the system for an hour or more, the user is considered idle. Idle users are not shown unless the option is speci- fied. Options If no options are specified, the listing is sorted by host name. Options change sorting order as follows: Sort by load average. Sort by up time. Sort by the number of users. Reverse the sort order. DIAGNOSTICS
No status report files in Ask the system administrator to check whether the daemon is running. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
Data files SEE ALSO
rwho(1), rwhod(1M). ruptime(1)