Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming With daemonize() throwing exception. Post 302310473 by Corona688 on Saturday 25th of April 2009 01:07:59 AM
Old 04-25-2009
You can't use fclose on stdin, stdout, or stderr. And there's no point in closing them when you're duplicating over them anyway, so just remove those altogether.

This likely isn't related to the error, but open() does not return 0 on error, it returns -1. Check if fd<0.

You should also close the original fd of anything you're duplicating once you're done copying it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sccs get -ek command is throwing err

Hi, get -ek s.Communicator.java The difference between the current date and the creation date of the newest delta in the SCCS file is greater than 1 year. Make sure that the system date is set correctly. This message is only a warning. (co11) 14.3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaprasad BS
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

daemonize a process using ksh

I'm trying to create daemon processes with ksh as follows: function start { # start script as co-process and pass an argument ./1.ksh $1 |& # print pid print $! # move the file descriptors of the co-process to 4 and 5 exec 4>&p exec 5<&p # then close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc throwing coredump

Hi Gurus, I tried bc 1000 % 10 on tcsh and ksh and its throwing a core dump on a sun solaris machine. uname -a SunOS azote 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks, Kinny (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop throwing an error

Hi Guys, I am trying a simple for loop which is throwing an error. Below is my code: #/bin/sh set -A array "are" "you" "there"; for ( i = 0 ; i < ${#array} ; i++ ) do echo ${array} done I am getting this error tci001wasd02 $ sh -vx array_for.sh #/bin/sh set -A array "are"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on throwing sftp in nohup

Hi, but it is possible to effect a sftp in??? thanks thousand Germanico ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:51 AM ---------- Hi, but it is possible to effect a sftp in nohup mode??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tr--translate is throwing an error

Dear all, I would like to count the no;of word "INFORMATION" in a file called alt.lst and output to a unix variable INFORMATION.so to do this I wrote the below code INFORMATION=echo 'INFORMATION' | tr -cs 'A-Za-z' '\n' < /app/tisq005/01/home/tisq005b/scripts/alt.lst | grep -c "INFORMATION"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk--throwing an error

Hi all, I have below code sqlplus -s ext/exo@TIS << EOF whenever sqlerror exit failure rollback; set echo off set head off set serveroutput on set termout on set trimspool on SPOOL $SPOOL_FILE select 'ROWS '|| ' '||decode((count(Part_no)),0,'With greater values not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function throwing an error

Hi All I have two shell scripts where the second is getting invoked from the first. E.g. test1.sh and test2.sh Within test1, the code is something like this: #!/bin/bash . test2.sh usage() { echo "..." echo "....." } SRC=$1 DEST=$2 case "$3" in tran) doTran ;; *)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop throwing error

Hello Gurus, I am writing one script at linux. The logic is There is a find command which will find some specific files daily and store at a variable Then echo that variable . Now when I am trying to read the variable by using for loop it is throwing error as below:cat: CKDT.dat: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
5 Replies
Tk_Main(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Main(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Main - main program for Tk-based applications SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Main(argc, argv, appInitProc) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of elements in argv. char *argv[] (in) Array of strings containing command-line arguments. Tcl_AppInitProc *appInitProc (in) Address of an application-specific initialization procedure. The value for this argument is usually Tcl_AppInit. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_Main acts as the main program for most Tk-based applications. Starting with Tk 4.0 it is not called main anymore because it is part of the Tk library and having a function main in a library (particularly a shared library) causes problems on many systems. Having main in the Tk library would also make it hard to use Tk in C++ programs, since C++ programs must have special C++ main functions. Normally each application contains a small main function that does nothing but invoke Tk_Main. Tk_Main then does all the work of creating and running a wish-like application. When it is has finished its own initialization, but before it processes commands, Tk_Main calls the procedure given by the appInitProc argument. This procedure provides a "hook" for the application to perform its own initialization, such as defining application-specific commands. The procedure must have an interface that matches the type Tcl_AppInitProc: typedef int Tcl_AppInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); AppInitProc is almost always a pointer to Tcl_AppInit; for more details on this procedure, see the documentation for Tcl_AppInit. KEYWORDS
application-specific initialization, command-line arguments, main program Tk 4.0 Tk_Main(3)