Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert a character in line in Special condition? Post 302310276 by bhaskar_m on Friday 24th of April 2009 07:49:50 AM
Old 04-24-2009
Hi,
This time it worked perfectly fine. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[OpenServer 5]Line Printing and special character (é @)

Hello, On Sco OpenServer 5, i want to print using the lpr command, no CUPS installed. I print on an HP LaserJet 4050 on LAN (IP 192.168.x.x) the printer is installed by HP Network Printer service. it works fine, but Specials characters, like é, @ or ° print bad characters. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tankd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filer a line in special condition?

Hi, I hava log file which has the following output : Created RELEASE in dist/filename_release_1_0_20090210.zip Created RELEASE in dist/filename_release_1_1_20090210.zip Created RELEASE in dist/filename_release_1_3_20090210.zip Created RELEASE in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert character in the line

Hi All, I have below type file. abc|asd|pqr|2|2|2 asc|qwe|scf|5|4|4 Pipe location and count is dynamic and coming from a variable. I want to change it to below files. (chnage the first pipe to 3 pipes) abc|||asd|pqr|2|2|2 asc|||qwe|scf|5|4|4 (chnage the second pipe to 4 pipes)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a special character $ in place of extra spaces

Hi Experts, I have called some.txt with the following content. oracle HYRDSRVIHUB01 pts/0 TESTIHUB 07-JUN-10 CREATE TABLE TESTIHUB PHONE ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse special character in the line

Hi all, I have a file with some module names as below. Font::AFM Data::Grove ---> libxml-perl Net::LDAP ---> perl-ldap DBI XML .... ... .... and so on ... The file has some lines with the character " -->" . Now how can I cut only the last column of the line wherever "-->" is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort with condition and insert blank line

Hi, I have a file with no blank line anywhere Its a conf file, The lines between and starts with "#" should be sort out with the first three characters(characters are between (a-z)). and insert a blank space in between the uniq lines. For clear understanding ,pls find the below input file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert line with between two consecutive lines that match special pattern?

I have following pattern in a file: 00:01:38 UTC abcd 00:01:48 UTC 00:01:58 UTC efgh 00:02:08 UTC 00:02:18 UTC and I need to change something like the following 00:01:38 UTC abcd 00:01:48 UTC XXXX 00:01:58 UTC efgh 00:02:08 UTC XXXX (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjnight
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a character before a line

I have a file and I can get the line with a specific pattern. I want to inset # on start of the line. file.text ==== aa bb cc bb hh kk kk ll yy dd aa kk rr tt aa I want to comment out the line with contain "aa" after running the script file.text ==== #aa bb cc bb hh kk kk ll... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biplab
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert New Line Character

Hi, If my first character of a line starts with 2 then after 5th charecter newline character should be inserted. Input.txt: a1234567890 2222300007 bsdfsdf888999999 ssdfkjskfdjskfdjd 2899900000000099999999999999 28887777 999999999999999999 Output.txt: a1234567890 22223 00007... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove blank space and insert special character

Hi Folks, I have a huge data of the below format abc #apple 1200 06/23 ghj #orange 1500 06/27 uyt #banana 2300 05/13 efg #vegetable 0700 04/16 After first 3 letters, i have 9 spaces and after fruit there are no specific fixed space, but it varies... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
4 Replies
utime(2)							System Calls Manual							  utime(2)

NAME
utime() - set file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call sets the access and modification times of the file to which the path argument refers. If times is a NULL pointer, the access and modification times of the file are set to the current time. A process must be the owner of the file or have write permission on the file to use in this manner. The following times in the structure defined in are measured in seconds since 00:00:00 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), January 1, 1970. time_t actime; /* access time */ time_t modtime; /* modification time */ Security Restrictions If times is not a NULL pointer, times is interpreted as a pointer to a utimbuf structure, and the access and modification times are set to the values contained in the designated structure. Only the owner of the file or a user with the privilege can use this way. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. Search permission is denied by a component of the path prefix. The effective user ID is not a user with the privilege, and not the owner of the file, times is a NULL pointer, and write access is denied. times is not a NULL pointer, and it points outside the process's allocated address space. The reliable detection of this error is implementation-dependent. path points outside the process's allocated address space. The reliable detection of this error is implementation-depen- dent. times is not a NULL pointer, and access time or modification time or both are negative. The length of the specified path name exceeds bytes, or the length of a component of the path name exceeds bytes while is in effect. The named file does not exist. A component of the path prefix is not a directory. The effective user ID is not a user with the privilege, and not the owner of the file, and times is not a NULL pointer. The file system containing the file is mounted read-only. DEPENDENCIES
NFS may return when invoked on a remote file owned by a superuser, or users with and privileges, even if the invoking user has write permission on the file. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. SEE ALSO
touch(1), stat(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
utime(2)