Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash, extract value from the file to the variable Post 302310185 by zilux on Friday 24th of April 2009 02:01:37 AM
Old 04-24-2009
try
xx=`head -1 phrases.txt`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract paragraphs from file in BASH script followed by prefix ! , !! and !!!

I]hi all i am in confusion since last 2 days :( i posted thraed yesterday and some friends did help but still i couldnt get solution to my problem let it be very clear i have a long log file of alkatel switch and i have to seperate the minor major and critical alarms shown by ! , !! and !!!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Variable and Append it to the file

I have a file named xyz_extract_file_20091201.dat and I need to strip out 20091201 from the file name and append this value as a first field in all the records in the file. Can you please help? Thanks. Eg. Input File: xyz_extract_file_20091201.dat ------------ Campaign1,A2347,Grp_id1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekharaj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash extract all occurences delimited from <name> and </name> tags from an xml file

I need to extract all text delimited from <name> and </name> tags from an xml file, but not only first occurence. I need to extract all occurences. I've tried with this command: awk -F"<name>|</name>" 'NF>2{print $2}' but it give only first occurence. How can i modify it? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ingalex
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write bash script that will automatically extract zip file

i'm trying to write a bash script that that will automatically extract zip files after the download. i writed this script #!/bin/bash wget -c https://github.com/RonGokhle/kernel-downloader/zipball/master CURRENDIR=/home/kernel-downloader cd $CURRENDIR rm $CURRENDIR/zipfiles 2>/dev/null ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron gokhle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a file and store it in variable

Hi, I've a file ImageSizeDetails.txt with the following contents: Image Name: swncd 01.10.00.04 Created: Wed Jan 9 14:05:48 2013 Image Type: ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 7351011 Bytes = 7178.72 kB = 7.01 MB Load Address: 00008000 Entry Point: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text from file then write variable

I have a text file that has many lines, and for each line I need to extract different sections of text, then write several variables from the data. I can split out the various sections by selecting their position on each line as the column sizes will never vary. A sample of my text file is below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract data from a file and store it in a variable

Hi , I have an file like below , cat input.txt 'Pattern2' => 'blahdalskdahdlahldahdlakhdlahdlkajdlkaadasdadadadadadadasda ajlalnalndklandlaksdlkaddd' 'Pattern2' => 'aohaonalkndlanldandlandklasnldnaldnak' ............ ........ ..... Here is what am trying to do , I want to grep for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of variable/line content in a file

I have a variable and assigned the following values ***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211 I need to read this variable from backward and stop read when I get first underscore (_) In this scenario I should get 211 Thanks Kris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkris
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to extract file prefix and from input to use in output

In the bash below which does execute I am trying to extract the contents of ${id} is 1234, as ${id} stores the variable that changes each time. After the path is removed the contents of ${id} are stored in pref, so they can be used in the output. Currently I am not able to extract the 1234 in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract file names from file and set variable to 'highest' one

HI Folks - I have a requirement where I need to scan a text file for a list of files. The file, we'll called it, files.txt looks like such: inbox/EBS/Client_GL_Detail_PBCS_112517_SEP2017.txt inbox/EBS/Client_GL_Detail_PBCS_112617_NOV2017.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
9 Replies
ecppl(1)							Tntnet users guide							  ecppl(1)

NAME
ecppl - language-extractor for ecpp SYNOPSIS
ecppl [-I dir] [-ln] [-o output-filename] ecpp-filename DESCRIPTION
Ecppl is the language-extractor for ecpp. Ecpp - the template-language used with tntnet - supports internationalized applications. In ecpp-templates a tag <i18n> changes the meaning of curly braces. A phrase, which is enclosed in curly braces, can be translated. At run- time the phrase is looked up in a language-library. This mode can be quit with the tag </i18n>. Phrases must not have newlines or tabs. Every phrase, which is marked as translatable, is extracted with ecppl and written to standard output or to a specified output-filename line by line. OPTIONS
-I dir Search include-files in directory. This option can be passed multiple times. All specified directories are searched in turn for include-files. -l Extract language-phrases (the default) -n Extract non-language-phrases -o filename Specify output filename AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. SEE ALSO
tntnet(1), ecpp(7), ecppll(1). Tntnet 2006-08-26 ecppl(1)