Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users netstat -p, missing PID/program name Post 302310058 by Bilge on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 02:56:27 PM
Old 04-23-2009
This has no effect on missing process names.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

4. Programming

getting the pid of another C program with unix calls

I have a C program called server.c which is supposed to get the pid of another program, client.c, and send a signal to it, but I'm not sure how to do it. Server.c is first run in the background then client is run in the foreground. I tried pid_t pid; pid = system("pidof -s client.c");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busdude
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Default route ( netstat -nrv ) is removed/missing after platform patch

After running a script for Platform Patch, the default route is removed from netstat -nrv. The machine does not reboot after Platform Patch. The script does not have any command to remove default route as shown below... route del default gw <IP> I am wondering, how is the defaut route... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
10 Replies

6. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

8. HP-UX

PID and program name from netstat.

Hello All, I am using netstat on HP-UX to retrieve the established network connections on my host. Can anyone please confirm how can I retrieve the PID and program name as well for these connections? These are available from the netstat version on Windows but I don't see PID and program name to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
10 Replies

9. AIX

How to grep PID and program name from netstat in AIX?

Hi All, I am using netstat on AIX to grep info on all open connections. However, unlike on Linux(Centos), I do not get the PID and program name using netstat on AIX. I need this info to be clubbed along with the information retrieved using netstat version of AIX. Is there a way this can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PID missing on my File.

I have 3 files namely run1.cmd, run2.cmd & run3.cmd more run1.cmd cd /tmp/scripts/app1/ nohup ./startserver.sh & more run2.cmd cd /tmp/scripts/app2/ nohup ./startserver.sh & more run3.cmd cd /tmp/scripts/app3/ nohup ./startserver.sh & These scripts are kept on my ansible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
SOCKSTAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       SOCKSTAT(1)

NAME
sockstat -- list open sockets SYNOPSIS
sockstat [-clh] [-p ports] [-P pid|process] [-U uid|user] [-G gid|group] DESCRIPTION
The sockstat command lists open Internet or UNIX domain sockets. The following options are available: -c Show connected sockets. -l Show listening sockets. -h Show a usage summary. -p ports Only show Internet sockets if either the local or foreign port number is on the specified list. The ports argument is a comma- separated list of port numbers and ranges specified as first and last port separated by a dash. -P pid|process Only show sockets of the specified pid|process. The pid|process argument is a process name or pid. -U uid|user Only show sockets of the specified uid|user. The uid|user argument is a username or uid. -G gid|group Only show sockets of the specified gid|group. The gid|group argument is a groupname or gid. If neither -c or -l is specified, sockstat will list both listening and connected sockets. The information listed for each socket is: USER The user who owns the socket. COMMAND The command which holds the socket. PID The process ID of the command which holds the socket. FD The file descriptor number of the socket. PROTO The transport protocol associated with the socket for Internet sockets, or the type of socket (stream or datagram) for UNIX sockets. LOCAL ADDRESS For Internet sockets, this is the address the local end of the socket is bound to (see getsockname(2)). For bound UNIX sockets, it is the socket's filename. For other UNIX sockets, it is a right arrow followed by the endpoint's filename, or ``??'' if the endpoint could not be determined. FOREIGN ADDRESS (Internet sockets only) The address the foreign end of the socket is bound to (see getpeername(2)). SEE ALSO
netstat(1), protocols(5) HISTORY
The sockstat command appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. AUTHORS
The sockstat command and this manual page were written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. The sockstat command was ported to Linux by William Pitcock <nenolod@nenolod.net>. BSD
May 18, 2008 BSD