Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move contents of a directory into one file for e-mail distribution ... Post 302310029 by rip73 on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 01:25:54 PM
Old 04-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by giannicello
Did you uuencode your file before emailing it out?
No, I did not. Not familiar with uuencode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED To insert Directory Contents to file

I am on a HP-UX machine I have a directory called "/u01/blobs" and the files look like this: ls -1 7398 7399 7400 I need to produce a comma delimited file with the following format: filename,location/filename i.e: 7398,/u01/blobs/7398 7399,/u01/blobs/7399 7400,/u01/blobs/7400 What... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NomDeGuerre
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round Robin Distribution of Contents of file to 3 files

Hi I need to create a script that distributes in round robin fashion the contents of a file to 3 files. The number of lines in a content of file can vary from 1-n(Each line is just a one letter word).The entire lines needs to get distributed into 3 files ( The order doesnt matter) , at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: police
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail the contents of a file in perl

Hi, I'm trying to read the contents of a file (message.txt), put them in a mail and then mail it This is what I have thus far but I having trouble referencing the file. I'm trying to put it into an array so any ideas would be helpful ... $to='user.n@domain.com'; $from= 'username';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

move contents from one file to another based on line number or content

I want a script that will move everything beyond a certain line number or beyond a certain content word into another file. For example, if file A has this: first line second line third line forth line fifth line sixth line I want to run a script that will move everything beyond the third... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robp2175
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Directory & Contents Between Two Machines

Hi All, I have a large amount of files that I need to copy from one server to another server using SFTP. Can comeone please help me with the command I would use here? Here is what I am thinking, but being new at this I know this is probably wrong: Login to the destination host using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If contents of A are in B then move the common contents to C

Hallo Team, I have 2 .csv files file A has 47600 lines and file B has 67000 lines FILEA SD0o9rb01-1d320ddbcc8d220f572739ebed5f58d1-v300g00 SD8bt0101-a0810bfe0e3396060126ec51b30dac0a-v300g00 SD05sce01-cb056af347ed4651f29eb3c3e9addbd6-v300g00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::Packager(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::Packager(3pm)

NAME
Packager - A class for creating the Excel XLSX package. SYNOPSIS
See the documentation for Excel::Writer::XLSX. DESCRIPTION
This module is used in conjunction with Excel::Writer::XLSX to create an Excel XLSX container file. From Wikipedia: The Open Packaging Conventions (OPC) is a container-file technology initially created by Microsoft to store a combination of XML and non-XML files that together form a single entity such as an Open XML Paper Specification (OpenXPS) document. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Packaging_Conventions>. At its simplest an Excel XLSX file contains the following elements: ____ [Content_Types].xml | |____ docProps | |____ app.xml | |____ core.xml | |____ xl | |____ workbook.xml | |____ worksheets | | |____ sheet1.xml | | | |____ styles.xml | | | |____ theme | | |____ theme1.xml | | | |_____rels | |____ workbook.xml.rels | |_____rels |____ .rels The "Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::Packager" class co-ordinates the classes that represent the elements of the package and writes them into the XLSX file. AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
X MM-MMXII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. LICENSE
Either the Perl Artistic Licence <http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html> or the GPL <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php>. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
See the documentation for Excel::Writer::XLSX. perl v5.10.1 2012-04-02 Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::Packager(3pm)