Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PATH set but I can't find where!!!! Post 302309994 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 11:29:27 AM
Old 04-23-2009
/etc/profile must source another script that sets PATH. What OS and how are users authenticated? - kerberos, what?

what you look for in /etc/profile is:
Code:
.  somefilename

a leading dot with a space after it, unless it's Linux then the word "source" may be where the aforementioned dot now lives.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why the PATH can not be set correctly?

I'm using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 in my laptop. After I logged in as a "root", I added a new path in my .bashrc file (I use bash shell). Then I can observe it has been set correctly by typing echo $PATH. But, when I log in again as a personal account, not "root", then I open my bash shell, and type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yishen
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set PATH using a script

I am a corporate user of Solaris ?? I have to write a lot of scripts to do little repetitive actions. To make this easier I would like to set the PATH so that I do not have to type ./ first before the script name. Is there an easy script that will allow me to set this path when I log in??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
2 Replies

3. Solaris

set path

hi how do i change the default PATH in my system. i log in as root, and i have .profile file in my / directory. ive put the PATH=.:/usr.......... statement, but that doesnt seem to be working i also wanted to know why exactly we need the profile file in etc? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: strider
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set java Path

Hey eveyone, I am new to unix, and I just installed java 6, however it doesn't recognize javac command I tried to set the path such as: set path="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/ but i still got the same error message. any ideas? -andi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adtd8
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not Able to Set the path

Hi, I want to set the path for my application so I am setting the path as below -- PATH=${PATH}:.:/envs/mldev/tools:/envs/mldev/common/tools:${HOME}:/bin/p4v:/usr/j2se:/usr/j2se/bin:/usr/j2se/lib or PATH="\ /usr/bin:\ /usr/sbin:\ /usr/dt/bin:\ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to set path for a command

Hi all, I am trying ping command in SUN v240 server but it is not working but when i am using the full path /usr/sbin/ping <ip address> then it is working. how to set the path of ping command so that by simply typing ping <ip address> it should work ? Plz help me out:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set the path

Very new to this type of thing so go easy on me....... I have downloaded a command language for data display. It came as ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421.tar.gz and I unzipped/tarred it into my local directory. The new directory, ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path set

Something changed on my unix box. Now when I log in it is showing entire path. It used to show only $ prompt before. I know I need to do something in .profile to show only $ prompt Could you please tell me what I should do, to show only $ prompt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find commmand returning search path with the result set

OS Platform : Oracle Linux 6.5 We are creating a shell script to purge old log files . It uses find command with rm in it. The syntax is find <Path of Log Directory> -exec rm -fr {} \; Example: find /tmp/test3 -exec rm -fr {} \; For rm command , we use -r option to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file and set path in variable?

Hi Folks - I was wondering if you could help convert batch code in Linux? For instance, I use the following piece of code in DOS to find a file/executable, and then the FULL path as a variable. ::-- If startMaxl.exe exists, set full path --:: for %%D in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
4 Replies
GVCOLOR(1)						      General Commands Manual							GVCOLOR(1)

NAME
gvcolor - flow colors through a ranked digraph ( previously known as colorize ) SYNOPSIS
gvcolor [ files ] USAGE
dot file.dot | gvcolor | dot -T<format> DESCRIPTION
gvcolor is a filter that sets node colors from initial seed values. Colors flow along edges from tail to head, and are averaged (as HSB vectors) at nodes. The graph must already have been processed by dot. Appropriate choice of initial colors yields drawings in which node colors help to emphasize logical relationships between nodes, even when they are spread far apart in the layout. Initial colors must be set externally, using the color attribute of a node. It is often effective to assign colors to a few key source or sink nodes, manually setting their colors by editing the graph file. Color names are as in dot(1): symbolic names or RGB triples. It is best to choose some easily-distinguished but related colors; not necessarily spaced evenly around the color wheel. For example, blue_green, green, and light_yellow looks better than red, green, blue. Certain graph attributes control the gvcolor algorithm. flow=back reverses the flow of colors from heads to tails. saturation=.1,.9 (or any two numbers between 0 and 1) adjusts the color saturation linearly from least to greatest rank. If Defcolor is set, this color value is applied to any node not otherwise colored. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 If nodes of the graph do not possess a ``pos'' attribute. BUGS
It would be nice to make the program work without relying on an initial pass through dot. AUTHORS
Stephen C. North <north@research.att.com> Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gc(1), dot(1), gvpr(1), ccomps(1), sccmap(1), tred(1), libgraph(3) 21 March 2001 GVCOLOR(1)