Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tailing 2 or more log files simultaneously PERL Post 302309413 by EagleFlyFree on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 08:48:01 PM
Old 04-21-2009
How about separate threads for each file? No idea about threading support in Perl though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse 2 files simultaneously

Say I have 2 files of 2 rows of 3 columns each file1: cat catdata1 catdata2 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 file2: cat catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata3 dogdata4 and I need to combine both files so that is appears like: cat catdata1 catdata2 catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 dogdata3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simultaneously create three empty files?

I can't get touch to simultaneously create three empty files file1, file2, file3. I tried:$ touch filebut all I got was one file:$ fileWhat did I do wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: na5m
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming multiple files simultaneously

Hi , I have a large no of files which all end in .asp.htm extension . But for proper navigation between the pages I need to rename all those files as .asp only . How can it be done ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshailesh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through 2 files simultaneously

Hi all, I'm having a problem with a script which should ultimately provide a filename by reading a value from file1 and file2 then join together. I'm planning to use a loop/ loops to get the values out of both files and create a single string unfortunately the code currently treats the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing new log file & echo the string on console

Guys, I do have a script that runs to take the server out from network, after running the script it is writing the new log file{outFile} in to directory . Now what i need is my script should tail the last modified file{outFile} & search the string {Server Status} ans should echo the same at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing last modified part of log file

I have a log file which contains data like this This log file is updated twice a day at 7am and 6pm, I want a script(which i will make run at 7:10am and 6:10pm) which should fetch only the last appended lines since last update.. I mean.. if i execute the script at 7.10am 3/3/2010 it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I create symbolic links for multiple files simultaneously

Does anybody know how to make symbolic links for multiple files simultaneously? Often times I need make symbolic links for multiple files with some common pattern (just like "*.jpg"). Is there a way to avoid making symbolic link for each of them one by one... Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling 2 files simultaneously with awk

Hello, Is it possible to handle data from two different files at once in awk (latest version and platform is Fedora). I found on the net that we cannot nest awk. My requirement is that I have two similar files : File 1: Name: abc Val = 58 Name: cdf Val = 1; .................. File... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifteate
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files on two remote servers simultaneously?

dear all, i'm preparing a script which can do these actions : 1. stop remove server's certain service 2. clean the files on remote servers simultaneously (because lots of files need to be deleted) 3. after files/logs are removed, restart the service again i'm stuck on how to clean remote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing logs from different files into one single file

Hi Please help me in finding a solution for tailing multiple log files and writing all of them into one common file. I have 4 log files with same name in 4 different folders. Whenever I post a Request - any one of these 4 log files gets updated with some log detail in the below format : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisav
5 Replies
RCSFREEZE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RCSFREEZE(1)

NAME
rcsfreeze - freeze a configuration of sources checked in under RCS SYNOPSIS
rcsfreeze [name] DESCRIPTION
rcsfreeze assigns a symbolic revision number to a set of RCS files that form a valid configuration. The idea is to run rcsfreeze each time a new version is checked in. A unique symbolic name (C_number, where number is increased each time rcsfreeze is run) is then assigned to the most recent revision of each RCS file of the main trunk. An optional name argument to rcsfreeze gives a symbolic name to the configuration. The unique identifier is still generated and is listed in the log file but it will not appear as part of the symbolic revision name in the actual RCS files. A log message is requested from the user for future reference. The shell script works only on all RCS files at one time. All changed files must be checked in already. Run rcsclean(1) first and see whether any sources remain in the current directory. FILES
RCS/.rcsfreeze.ver version number RCS/.rcsfreeze.log log messages, most recent first AUTHOR
Stephan v. Bechtolsheim SEE ALSO
co(1), rcs(1), rcsclean(1), rlog(1) BUGS
rcsfreeze does not check whether any sources are checked out and modified. Although both source file names and RCS file names are accepted, they are not paired as usual with RCS commands. Error checking is rudimentary. rcsfreeze is just an optional example shell script, and should not be taken too seriously. See CVS for a more complete solution. GNU RCSFREEZE(1)