Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/lvm/lock problem
Operating Systems Solaris /etc/lvm/lock problem Post 302309230 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 11:07:29 AM
Old 04-21-2009
is there a file called "/etc/lvm/lock" on your system? if not, create it... do other "meta..." commands work? like "metastat" and if yes, what ist the output? also of "metadb".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with releasing semaphore lock

Hi, I am trying to write stuff to a shared memory using a writer, and reading the corresponding stuff using a reader. I am facing problems while releasing the lock, as a result of which I am having segmentation faults. The code is as follows... /********** writer.c ***********/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

screen lock problem

hi friends i have a small problem,in my redhat enterprise linux system screen lock is not working if i click screen lock no action takes place... so is there any solution to fix this problem or any alternate method available please let me know.... waiting for replys....... thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Labrynthine problem of LVM

hi friends I have a problem .. actually I m working on LVM in linux through WinHex ..I have made one volume group and it has two logical volumes logvol00 and logvol01 and both are respectively mount on /rahul and /rock..I have found both folder(rahul & rock) in root directory which use ext file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM problem

hi friends I have a problem .. actually I m working on LVM in linux through WinHex ..I have made one volume group and it has two logical volumes logvol00 and logvol01 and both are respectively mount on /rahul and /rock..I have found both folder(rahul & rock) in root directory which use ext file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Caps lock problem

hi all this s quite a foolish problem. I seem to hav pressed some keys s.t in unix, my letters are comin in caps and with caps lock on, i am getting lowercase letters. :o Pls help. Also is there any reference or manual where i can check in case such problems arrise? thanx in advance curiosity (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiosity
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

LVM Partitioning Problem

Since I couldn't find a Fedora section, I post my thread here... Hi all, I installed Fedora 17 with Windows 7. For some reason I had to use LVM, since every time when I want to add more than one partition i.e. swap and /root it told me that the space was not sufficient, but still I had 300GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problem with screen lock

I'm having a weird problem with a RHEL6 workstation. When the screen lock is activated manually the system will lock and the screens will go blank. Once I try to unlock the system, the monitor will just flicker and won't respond. I tried the combination CTRL, ALT, Backspace and it did not work,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux lock problem

Hi Team, I have a requirement to access a shared resource from the user and interrupt context. What type of locking mechanism I have to use for this. Can any body give advice on this. Thanks in advance. -Shiva (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakoteswarra
4 Replies
dtc_setup_vps_disks(8)					      System Manager's Manual					    dtc_setup_vps_disks(8)

NAME
dtc_setup_disk - setup LVM disks for using it as a VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_setup_vps_disk.sh VPS_NUMBER HDD_SIZE SWAP_SIZE [ lvm|loopback ] DESCRIPTION
dtc_setup_vps_disk.sh This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. This script is used to create partitions to be used by a VPS later on. It will create a normal partition that will be used as a root disk, and a swap partition. dtc_setup_disk is to be used by the dtc-xen SOAP server, but can also be used as a standalone userland tool. If the partition(s) exists, then this script will delete it/them first. OPTIONS
VPS_NUMBER has to be a number between 01 and 19. Let's say the number is 16, and that dtc-xen is configured to use the volume group called lvm1, then this script will create /dev/lvm1/xen16 and /dev/lvm1/xen16swap. HDD_SIZE Size in MB of the VPS partition to create. SWAP_SIZE Size in MB of the VPS swap partition to create. If the dtc-xen SOAP server is used to create the VPS, then it will create a swap partition of the exact same size as the memory. IMAGE_TYPE This parameter can have 2 values: either lvm or loopback. If ommited, then lvm is used. If lvm is used, then this script will create a partition using lvmcreate, otherwise it will create an image file. Both will later be used for the VPS. EXAMPLE
dtc_setup_vps_disk 04 15360 256 lvm This will create 2 LVM partition to be used by the VPS named xen04, the first one being a root partition of 15 GB, and the second one being a swap partition of 256 MB. VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_setup_vps_disk version 0.3.15. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8), dtc_kill_vps_disk(8) dtc_setup_vps_disks(8)