Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple renaming task?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple renaming task? Post 302309213 by Ikon on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 10:36:51 AM
Old 04-21-2009
Code:
 echo "mybox11" | sed -e 's/^mybox\([0-9]\{1\}\)$/mybox0\1/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple batch renaming...45-*.php to 46-*.php

in Bash i'm trying to rename directories full of files. the file name pretty much stays the same except for the numerical prefix which will be the same for all files. so, i want to rename these... 45-body.php 45-header.php 45-footer.php etc. to... 46-body.php 46-header.php... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcamp1973
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple aggregate task

Hi experts, I need an help on the task below. INPUT: values separated by the tab,first row is the header 20110609 AS A 300.5000 20110609 AS R 200.5000 20110609 BR A 111.5000 20110609 BR R 222.5000 20110610 AS A 100.5500 20110610 AS ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple renaming

Hi Having many filenames in a folder containing the string "-DATE" (e.g. : Nbr_Name-DATE_2011.txt). I would like to remove the "-DATE" in each filename to get just: Nbr_Name_2011.txt . Know its easy but somehow it wont work. Tried it like that: for i in `ls *-DATE*`; do mv "$i"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurgen
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a script that does a simple task on multiple unix servers.

hi guys, i need a script that does a simple task on multiple aix servers. if possible with both telnet and ssh. the simple task i wanna do is connect to a server and run "ifconfig -a" and get the output. nextweek i need to do similar jobs on like 50 servers... :( can anybody help me with making... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Anyone help me..to do my task in simple way..

Hi... I am trying extract data using 2 files.. 1. Data file - DATA.TXT containing data to be extracted 2. Column file - LIST.TXT header column to be extracted output not coming properly.. if the header field name matches with data file header extract data...this actually I wanted ... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Simple renaming question

I want to rename all fileextensions inside a folder that are called ".srt.ass" to just ".ass" My (poor code so far is): or %x in (*.srt.ass) do RENAME "*.srt.ass" "*.ass" Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
4 Replies
UPSC(8) 							    NUT Manual								   UPSC(8)

NAME
upsc - example lightweight UPS client SYNOPSIS
upsc -l | -L [host] upsc ups [variable] upsc -c ups DESCRIPTION
upsc is provided as a quick way to poll the status of a UPS server. It can be used inside shell scripts and other programs that need UPS data but don't want to include the full interface. OPTIONS
-l host List all UPS names configured at host, one name per line. The hostname defaults to "localhost". You may optionally add a colon and a port number. -L host As above, list all UPS names configured at host, including their description provided by the remote upsd(8) from ups.conf(5). The hostname defaults to "localhost". You may optionally add a colon and a port number to override the default port. -c ups Lists each client connected on ups, one name per line. ups Display the status of that UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". variable Display the value of this variable only. By default, upsc retrieves the list of variables from the server and then displays the value for each. This may be useful in shell scripts to save an additional pipe into grep. EXAMPLES
To list all variables on an UPS named "myups" on a host called "mybox", with upsd(8) running on port 1234: $ upsc myups@mybox:1234 battery.charge: 100.0 battery.voltage: 13.9 battery.voltage.nominal: 13.6 . . . To list the UPSes configured on this system, along with their descriptions: $ upsc -L apc: Back-UPS 500 ppro2: Patriot Pro II To retrieve the status for all UPSes connected to mybox, using Bourne-shell syntax: $ for UPS in `upsc -l mybox:1234`; do upsc $UPS ups.status done To list clients connected on "myups": $ upsc -c myups 127.0.0.1 ::1 192.168.1.2 DIAGNOSTICS
upsc will either print a list of UPS names, a list of all supported variables and their values on the UPS, or an error message. If you receive an error, make sure you have specified a valid UPS on the command line, that upsd(8) is really running on the other host and that no firewalls are blocking you. HISTORY
Earlier versions of this program used the upsfetch library and UDP sockets to talk to upsd. This version of upsc uses the new upsclient library, which only talks TCP. This is why upsct no longer exists. SEE ALSO
upsd(8) INTERNET RESOURCES
The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSC(8)