Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cygwin scp script error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cygwin scp script error Post 302309153 by cav.turbo on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 08:39:55 AM
Old 04-21-2009
cygwin scp script error

I'm using cygwin scp to copy a file down from a AIX server to my laptop.

I've got he script working from the command line. The file I'm copying is Processed.Apr21 and I'm copying it to /event_transfer folder on my laptop.

scp username@149.131.224.104:/var/Tivoli.../processed.Apr21 /event_transfer

This works fine until I try and run it from a script and then I just get "No Such File or Directory"

Any ideas anyone?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compilation error while using cygwin

Hello, I am trying to compile a C program from Cygwin and it gives ld: not found -user32 error .. I searched for library libuser32.so and was not able locate it.. When i create only object file using gcc -c option it gets created successfully .. When i use gcc -o option , executable is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails

Hi... my problem is that I want to copy one html-file to my windows-box webserver using scp. so far no problem but the destination is in /cygdrive/c/program files/dest and as we all know unix doesnt like spaces in paths. scp html.file user@windowsbox:/cygdrive/c/program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Cygwin

Hi, I am trying to execute a Shell script file. The file has the following commands. #Return today's log file LOG_DATE=`date +%d_%b_%Y`.log echo $LOG_DATE #Return last modified date of the Log File FILE_MOD_DATE=`date -r $LOG_DATE` echo $FILE_MOD_DATE If I execute the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnneAnne
6 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin error device or resource busy

Hello!!! My problem is: i'm trying to send At commands from Pc to mobile phone using bluetooth and cygwin and i would like to read the device's answers on the shell bash. And so, i open two terminals in this way: xterm & In the first i write: cat /dev/ttyS2 because the device is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin shell script error

Hi, I have a cywin test script as below but errors, #!/usr/bin/bash while do echo "123" echo "456" done sh-3.2$ ./test.sh ./test.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file Please help... Thanks! Victor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin-shell script

hi, I am using Cygwin for running the shell script. If i execute the following command at the prompt output is obtained. grep echo * The same i have put in a file and when am trying to execute it is throwing error. IP.sh echo "Starting command..........." grep echo * ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin and simple script with if

I am having an issue with using cygwin (on Windows XP). My script errors on if -command. The script here works fine on Linux, but cygwin fails... #!/bin/sh if then echo "Test" fi The error -message: ./ShellTest.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./ShellTest.sh:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jussist
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin shell script

I have a file with below format : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you I want the out put to be like this : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you What I could think of is something like this : cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sparta
7 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Error when compiling using cygwin

I tried to compile the files in basic_dump_ex using cygwin : /cygdrive/c/WpdPack/Examples-pcap/basic_dump_ex $make but I got this : cc -g -O -mno-cygwin -I ../../include -c -o basic_dump_ex.o basic_dump_ex.c cc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mno-cygwin’... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve120
6 Replies
PARALLEL-SCP(1) 														   PARALLEL-SCP(1)

NAME
parallel-scp - parallel versions of scp SYNOPSIS
parallel-scp [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-scp copy files in parallel to a set of machines. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
The following example runs hostname on three machines (IPs or hostnames) specified in the file ips.txt using login irb2 and saves the output in /tmp/foo. # parallel-scp -h ips.txt -l irb2 /etc/hosts /tmp/hosts Success on 128.112.152.122:22 Success on 18.31.0.190:22 Success on 128.232.103.201:22 ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), parallel-rsync(1), ssh(1), scp(1), AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-SCP(1)