Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virtual IP address in HACMP
Operating Systems AIX Virtual IP address in HACMP Post 302308795 by guru13 on Monday 20th of April 2009 10:18:51 AM
Old 04-20-2009
Network Virtual IP address in HACMP

I am new to HACMP V5.4 in AIX5.3.Please let me know how to get the virtual IP address configured for a HACMP cluster.

Is this the correct way to identify it?
If i give ifconfig -a the first ip address displayed is the real address of the host.So the other one can be VIP.

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Binding Virtual IP address to NIC

Hi, I bound a virtual IP to a network card on my E450 server and I am getting this error when I reboot the server, saying, " retrying host, RPC time out. I had to break this sequence and allow other services to load. Of course they didn't load properly. Please how can I sort this out? I do need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
8 Replies

2. Programming

A Pointer to non-Virtual Address, and All of my Hard drive

How do I get a pointer to any 32 bit address on my hard drive, in which I then could read that memory or write to that memory address? And, while the subject is on, how do get a 32 bit pointer in RAM also, in which I can do the same? I'm using C and Objective-C with gcc on an iBook G4. A... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcoder66
9 Replies

3. IP Networking

Virtual IP address

We currently have a Solaris Wks that is being used as an "ftp server" and it routinely accepts data each night that if ftp'd to it from off site. In the event that this "ftp server" should fail (crash, die, whatever) we would like to have an automatic fail over to a second Solaris Wks as the "ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanejm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign virtual address?.

Hello,I am new to unix,i want to know how to assign virtual ip address to a system that is in my personal network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veeru_jarugula
1 Replies

5. AIX

NETWORK IP ADDRESS on HACMP

Hi, I try to understand how to configure my ethernet network in a hacmp cluster. I have 2 nodes, 3 lan port on each node, and 1 service ip to cluster. I don't have any serial o iscsi heartbeat. Do you suggest me a possibile ip address configuration? I've many error whene I verify it from hacmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hacmp
3 Replies

6. AIX

Duplicate IP address makes PowerHA ( HACMP ) down

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has faced this problem. Whenever there is a duplicate IP address, HACMP goes down infact HACMP ( PowerHA ) takes the whole system down. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address for solaris 10 virtual machine

Hi All I am having a solaris 10 virtual machine on vista (using vmware 7) laptop. Now i want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. Problem is that i insalled the solaris machine as dhcp. and whenever i connect to internet or reboot my system the IP address of solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What would the physical address be for virtual address?

Hi guys, I got one problem which I definetily no idea. What would the physical address be for virtual address? 1) 2ABC 2) 3F4B Here is the page table:see attached Thank you sos sososososso much!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
0 Replies

9. Solaris

i want to set ip address to a virtual machine

hi all i want to set ip address to a vitrual machine i am using following command. but it is not ifconfig -a command output. what is wrong i dont know bash# ifconfig interfacename plumb bash# ifconfig interfacename auto-dhcp Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Virtual Adapter MAC address..

Hi, I just want to know whether two MAC address can exist in a adapter.. I mean one there will be mandatory one And another as user defined one.. Any replies will be more helpful.. Please help.. :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
0 Replies
LO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     LO(4)

NAME
lo -- software loopback network interface SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device loop DESCRIPTION
The loop interface is a software loopback mechanism which may be used for performance analysis, software testing, and/or local communication. As with other network interfaces, the loopback interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The loopback interface should be the last interface configured, as protocols may use the order of configuration as an indication of priority. The loopback should never be configured first unless no hard- ware interfaces exist. The loopback interface lo0 is created at boottime, it always exists and cannot be destroyed with ifconfig(8). Additional loopback interfaces can be created by using the ifconfig(8) create command. DIAGNOSTICS
lo%d: can't handle af%d . The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. SEE ALSO
inet(4), intro(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The lo device appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Previous versions of the system enabled the loopback interface automatically, using a nonstandard Internet address (127.1). Use of that address is now discouraged; a reserved host address for the local network should be used instead. BSD
September 3, 2006 BSD