Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: no shell error
Operating Systems Solaris no shell error Post 302308776 by incredible on Monday 20th of April 2009 08:59:50 AM
Old 04-20-2009
no need to post /etc/passwd if you're not comfortable.
however, what is the commandline you exactly used to create the users. type out the syntax

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Error when trying to use PHP shell.

Hi, Now that I'm going to be using my Mac as a web host, I decided to use the PHP shell. However, when I type php straight in the terminal, the session freezes. Is there anything wrong that I'm doing? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell for..do done error

#!/bin/bash if ; then echo "error" fi release_name=$3 version=$4 cd $2; for line in `ls` do if ; then echo " do ..." $1 $2/$line $2/$line $release_name $version fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell error

Can someone please correct this #!/bin/ksh export CURR_TS=`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S"` i=1 touch ./alldbgroups_${CURR_TS}.dat touch ./alldbusers_${CURR_TS}.dat while i<4 do echo "Now processing test{$i}" >> alldbgroups_${CURR_TS}.dat echo "Now processing test{$i}" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Shell script

Hello All, I am newbe to scripting and have just taken over following script from previous developer. I am getting following error when running the script. line 70: syntax error near unexpected token `do Could some help me to rectify the error please. Thanks in advance for your... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pahadia
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell error

Now a days, whenever I am log in to the Unix server, its giving a error saying ${HOME:-.}/.profile: /home/kdas2/inst_swtch: not found mnand504@hcsdev02:$ORACLE_SID:pts/0:$PWD \296> Not a single Unix command is working, even I am not able to edit my .profile using vi editor. can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with using a shell command(looks more generic error)

Hi, This error is actually out of implementing the command posted here - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/155589-remove-blank-lines-merge-lines-shell.html Here is the error i get - awk: Input line xxxxx cannot be longer than 3,000 bytes. The source line number is 1.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dvah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scirpt error

I am not getting 1 for the failure scenario for my below code. any help would be greatly appreciated. If the input is invalid i should get exit. But in the below scenario i am not getting the message exit o. ksh -x client_check.ksh sun + + hostname hn=us + ] + client_check.ksh: test:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error C shell

Hello, I have a newbe syntax error but I cant find it syntax error: unexpected end of file #!/bin/csh # pe request #$ -pe mpi_16 32 #### 16 core : 'mpi_16 16' || 24 core : 'mpi_24 24 ' # our Job name #$ -N test2MD #$ -S /bin/sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dulceC
1 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). User Commands 06/24/2011 CHSH(1)