Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp script to get files periodically Post 302308628 by methyl on Sunday 19th of April 2009 08:09:39 PM
Old 04-19-2009
Please state the Operating System of the source and destination.

Last edited by methyl; 04-19-2009 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script working periodically

We have a strange problem that started happening a few months ago. We have a unix script being called from within a microfocus cobol program using the call "SYSTEM" cobol command. The problem is sometimes the script will run, sometimes it wont - without us changing anything! The other strange... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lf398
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send command periodically to remote server

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to send a command periodically to remote server through a script. Right now I have this: keepLooping=1 ssh user@domain while (( keepLooping == 1 )) do echo a sleep 3 done but what this does is ssh to the server, and only when the connection is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for FTP (transfer only new files)

Hi everybody, I just want to transfer files with FTP (mget and mput). The problem is that I dont want to overwrite any existing files and don't want to transfer them again (e.g. using the rename-function). So I only want to transfer new files with mget and mput. My first idea was to create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inoxx
3 Replies

4. AIX

script to ftp recent changed files

I am trying to write a script to ftp all files/directories changed in a 24hour period to another AIX server. I have wrote a script to generate a list of all files changed within a 24 hour period but dont know how to then ftp these to another server. How do incorporate ftp into this script? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RApds
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script periodically pushing files from one host to another

Dear all, I would like to write a script to push periodically some downloaded files from one host to another box. Basically, I have host A downloading files. When those files are downloaded they are moved automatically to a directory called: /home/user_A/downloaded, still on host A. Then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddie50
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download files every one second using ftp script

Our main Server "Srv1" is used to generate text files based on specified criteria and it is also connected to two clients (pc1 and pc2) which are responsible for getting the files from Srv1 as it follows: 1. pc1 ( which represents my UNIX machine ) uses shell script to copy the files from Srv1 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Script for Multiple Files of Same Name

Hello! I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a script that can connect to 3 different log boxes and pull down files for that day into a single directory, where the files will all have the same name as per: stats_websites_20150801010000-20150801015959.csv.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)