Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Greet name..
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Greet name.. Post 302308431 by reborg on Saturday 18th of April 2009 08:05:46 AM
Old 04-18-2009
Neo,

I think you misunderstood slightly. I believe the question relates to "over the shoulder" reading of the username. The idea being to hide the username in the title bar so that the person sitting next to you cannot see that you are logged in using a given username.

I would suggest that a better general approach, so that you don't have to depend on various web software is to use one of these: 3M : Computer Filters: Product Information

panel_show(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					       panel_show(3CURSES)

NAME
panel_show, show_panel, hide_panel, panel_hidden - panels deck manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lpanel -lcurses [ library .. ] #include <panel.h> int show_panel(PANEL *panel); int hide_panel(PANEL *panel); int panel_hidden(PANEL *panel); DESCRIPTION
show_panel() makes panel, previously hidden, visible and places it on top of the deck of panels. hide_panel() removes panel from the panel deck and, thus, hides it from view. The internal data structure of the panel is retained. panel_hidden() returns TRUE(1) or FALSE(0) indicating whether or not panel is in the deck of panels. RETURN VALUES
show_panel() and hide_panel() return the integer OK upon successful completion or ERR upon error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), panel_update(3CURSES), panels(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <panel.h> automatically includes the header <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 panel_show(3CURSES)