Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cpio.cat.z files????
Operating Systems HP-UX cpio.cat.z files???? Post 302308322 by ldaliosmane on Friday 17th of April 2009 04:46:07 PM
Old 04-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
if you don't need them... you can... but be carefull!

cpio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
what are they? Backup files correct? When I try to delete them I got an error no such a file ro directory?? Any suggestions???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpio - files > 2 GB

Hi, Currently a backup script copies compressed files to tape using cpio command (on AIX 5.2). Recently we've had a compressed file which has gone over 2 GB in size resulting in an error while copying this file onto the tape using cpio. Any suggestions on relevant workarounds would be much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpio - files > 2gb

Hi, Currently a backup script copies compressed files to tape using cpio command (on AIX 5.2). Recently we've had a compressed file which has gone over 2 GB in size resulting in an error while copying this file onto the tape using cpio. Any suggestions on relevant workarounds would be much... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat files

Hi, I was a typical Windows guy. Like to do things just by clicking my mouse:cool:. I got a new job now...where they are big on unix. I am trying to wet my fingures now with unix. Haven't taken the dive yet. I am trying to find a solution for this problem. Please help me with some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Method to Unpack cpio files

Hi all, I want to unpack some files .Files and their sizes are: 1. Linux9i_Disk1.cpio -- 500m 2. Linux9i_Disk2.cpio--- 600m 3.Linux9i_Disk3.cpio---- 250m I used cpio -idmv Linux9i_Disk1.cpio command to unpack the files. But Its taking more time to unpack the files.What could be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat certain files in directories to files named after the dir?

Hi all, I have a directory with many subdirectories each named like so: KOG0001, KOG0002, ...KOG9999. Each of these subdirectories contain a variable number two kinds of files (nuc and prot) named like so: Capitella_sp_nuc_hits.fasta (nuc) and Capitella_sp_prot_hits.fasta (prot). The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

cpio deleting source files. Can't figure out why!

So I ran into a strange problem the other day when using cpio. I'm not really sure this needed to be in an HPUX specific forum, but wasn't sure where else to put it. I'm running HPUX 11.11 PARISC. I was using cpio to copy a directory and its entire contents from one server, we'll call it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files situation

Hello, I am PhD student (Biomedical sciences) and very new to Linux. I need some help with the following task : I have files in the following format for their names : An_A1_nnn_R1.txt; An_A1_nnm_R1.txt; An_A1_nnoo_R1.txt An_A2_nnn_R1.txt; An_A2_nnm_R1.txt; An_A2_nno_R1.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julio Finalet
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpio all *.txt-files out of folders to just one directory

I need a hint for reading manpage (I did rtfm really) of cpio to do this task as in the headline described. I want to put all files of a certain type, lets say all *.txt files or any other format. Spread in more than hundreds of subdirectories in one directory I would like to select them and just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)					      General Commands Manual						 WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)

NAME
wikipedia2text -- displays Wikipedia entries on the command line SYNOPSIS
wikipedia2text [-BCnNoOpPsSuU] [-b prog] [ {-c | -i | -I } patt] [-l lang] [-W base-url] Query wikipedia2text -o [-b prog] [-l lang] Query wikipedia2text [-h] wikipedia2text -v wikipedia2text -r DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wikipedia2text command. wikipedia2text fetches and renders Wikipedia articles using a text-mode web-browser (currently recognises elinks, links2, links, lynx and w3m) and display the text of the article on STDOUT respectively in a pager. OPTIONS
The program recognizes the following command line options: -b prog Use program prog as browser. -B Do not use browser configured via configuration file or environment. -c patt, -I patt Colorize case-sensitive pattern patt in output. -C, -N Colorize output. -h Show help and a summary of options. -i patt Colorize case-insensitive pattern patt in output. -l lang use Wikipedia in language lang. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. -n Do not colorize output. -o Open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -O Do not open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -p Use a pager (set by default). -P Don't use a pager. -r Display a random Wikipedia article. -s Display only the summary of the Wikipedia article. -S Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only the summary. -u Just print the URL of the Wikipedia page and exit. -U Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only print the URL of the page. -v Show version number. -W base-url use base-url as base URL for wikipedia (e.g. use a different wiki), querying this URL will happen by appending the search term. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are recognized: ABROWSER Browser to use as default instead of to found or configured web browser. IGNCASE Default value for case-sensitivity of colorizing the output. Can be set to "true" or "false". LOCAL Default value for language in which Wikipedia should be used. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. OUTPUTURL Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the URL of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". PAGER Default value for pager to use. Can also be set to "true", in which case, wikipedia2text tries to figure out the appropriate pager, or "false", which means not to use a pager at all. SHORT Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the summary of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". USEBROWSER Determines, if wikipedia2text should open the Wikipedia page via openurl in the globally set default browser, i.e. Firefox or Konqueror, by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". FILES
$HOME/.wikipedia2textrc Will be sourced from wikipedia2text on startup. Should contain variable assignments. The same variables as for the environment are recognised. WIKIPEDIA LANGUAGES
wikipedia2text currently supports the following Wikipedia languages: af Cape Dutch (Afrikaans) als Alemannic ca Catalan cs Czech da Danish de German en English eo Esperanto es Spanish fi Finnish fr French hu Hungarian ia Interlingua is Islandic it Italian la Latin lb Luxembourgian nds Low German nl Dutch nn, no Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal) pl Polish pt Portuguese rm Rhaeto-Romanic ro Romanian simple Simple English sk Slovak sl Slovenian sv Swedish tr Turkish SEE ALSO
elinks(1), links(1), links2(1), lynx(1), w3m(1) AUTHOR
wikipedia2text was written by Christian Brabandt <cb@256bit.org>. Patches also from Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>. This manual page was written by Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 any later ver- sion published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. HISTORY
wikipedia2text was first released by Christian Brabandt on in his blog (link to URL http://blog.256bit.org/archives/126-Wikipedia-in-der- Shell.html) with as script named wiki. Some users may find it useful to create an alias with that name for speeding up the typing of a wikipedia2text command if no other command of that name is present. OTHER INFO
The current version of wikipedia2text should be available at on Christian Brabandt's website (link to URL http://www.256bit.org/~chris- bra/wiki) . WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)