Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming windows to dos file name conversion x'ad' Post 302308318 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of April 2009 04:40:48 PM
Old 04-17-2009
The character sequence in its entirety is c2 ad, which is valid UTF8 encoding for U+00AD, 'soft hyphen'. I think that it's a fancy formatting-hint character suggesting where to split a word when it must be linewrapped. Which is of course meaningless to a tape archive, and probably doesn't have much business being in file names in the first place.

Last edited by Corona688; 04-17-2009 at 05:48 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos to Unix conversion

Hi ! I need to convert a DOS batch file to Unix Shell script. Can anybody help me by providing equivalent Unix shell script code to this DOS batch code?. for /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/- " %%i in ("%date%") do set DateStamp=%%k%%i%%j Any help would be great. Thanks, John. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john413
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion from Unix to windows

Hey guys, Im looking to convert the following script into batch language for windows / DOS but my knowledge of batch syntax is nill - but i have good knowledge of UNIX shell...can anyone help? #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "UNCERTAIN:" echo "Too few arguments" echo "Usage: file_exists... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwi_bloke
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

?Using Unix commands in Microsoft (Windows') DOS Prompt?

I ran a search for "Unix Dos" in the search field box and checked a few pages' results but did not find what I was looking for. I am trying to find out if there are choices of applications that would enable using Unix commands inside a Windows environment, particularly the DOS Prompt. The only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NOHUP utility in windows / DOS

Hi is there any similar nohup utility in DOS / Windows as in unix ?. If yes plz let me know the implememntation soon. Its very urgent. Regards Aru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS/Windows CR to a UNIX LF 17 MB text file

Hello, I am on a WinXP home machine with a 17 MB text file and I need to change the DOS/Windows CR to a UNIX LF. Does anyone know how I can do this or even better a WinXP program that can do this for me ? My hobby is my Family History. I know very little about all this type stuff and I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tex
9 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to connect SFTP(Linux) from Windows DOS

I need to write a batch script for file transfer from SFTP to Windows system. SFTP is on Linux system. I kept this code in batch file and executing it.. but not working.. Even i tried from Command prompt like this "open sftp.host.com" but getting error. Can anyone help with the code and tell me how... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for unix to dos conversion

Dear All Could you please advice how do we convert a unix file to dos I know one command,ux2dos, which somehow does not work to give desired output Inputs on this is appreciated Thanks, Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Deleting all files containing string (WINDOWS DOS)

So I want to skim through all folders (ongoing from the curr dir) and delete all files that contain the string: "in conflikt standing copy". Is this possible WITH DOS ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DOS/VB script of Remote Windows Server from AIX

Hi We use to run DOS and VB script in Windows Server . Now the requirement is to trigger the same script from AIX server by shell script , thus it would be executed in Remote Windows Server . Is it possible ( though SSH or any other way ) ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourajit Seth
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)