Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check file sequence Post 302307713 by ghostdog74 on Thursday 16th of April 2009 07:09:49 AM
Old 04-16-2009
i assume the last 6 digits is the running sequence and the max it can go is 999999.
make a base
Code:
for i in {1..99999}; do printf "%.6d\n" $i; done > base.txt

doing the check
Code:
ls ABC_* | sed "s/.*\(......\)$/\1/"|sort -n > check.txt

use diff
Code:
diff base.txt check.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check File Exists and compare to previous day file script

We have data files that are ftp'd every morning to a SUN server. The file names are exactly the same except for that each has the date included in its name. I have to write script to do 2 things: STEP 1) Verify that the file arrived in morning. STEP 2) Compare the file size of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - script can check jump sequence?

Hi, if I have a lot of files like (AABBCC0010, AABBCC0011, AABBCC0012....AABBCC1000), can I write a small script to check any sequence number jump and show me the result which sequence number? #The first sequence may start from 0010 or 0101... :confused: Thank you!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check for file, alert if not there, and continue checking until file arrives

All, Is there a way to keep checking for a file over and over again in the same script for an interval of time? Ie If { mail -user continue checking until file arrives file arrives tasks exit I don't want the script to run each time and email the user each time a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Check file sequence script not working. Need help.

I have a script to check a file sequence for missing frames. It used to work in true Unix but now on OSX 10.6.4 (bash) it reports every frame is missing. Hopefully someone here can help. #!/bin/csh -f if ($#argv < 1) then echo echo "Usage: checkseq <name> " echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Sequence

* Expiry DATE: * Address1: Address2: Address3: Address4: Address5: * PO_ref_number: aadad HolderId_1: HolderId_2: HolderId_3: HolderId_4: * adad: 00000 ada: 00000 adad: RANDOM adad: RANDOM ****************************** (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check missing sequence?

I want to listed files every hours and check the missing sequence my file format is CV.020220131430.txt CV.020220131440.txt CV.020220131450.txt CV.ddmmyyhhm.txt how to check if i have missing files in sequence .. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the missing file based on sequence number.

Hi All, I have a requirement that i need to list only the missing sequences with a unix script. For Example: Input: FILE_001.txt FILE_002.txt FILE_005.txt FILE_006.txt FILE_008.txt FILE_009.txt FILE_010.txt FILE_014.txt Output: FILE_003.txt FILE_004.txt FILE_007.txt FILE_011.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
5 Replies
vdiff(1)							    ShapeTools								  vdiff(1)

NAME
vdiff - display line-by-line differences between versions of files SYNOPSIS
vdiff [ diff-options ] [ -base path ] [ -P ] files .. DESCRIPTION
vdiff is a differential comparator for file versions that are stored in shapeTools' object base, AtFS. The functionality of vdiff is very similar to the diff command on your host. All options and switches that are recognized by diff can also be specified for vdiff. The arguments to vdiff can either be a single filename, or a pair of version identifiers. If only a filename is specified, vdiff prints the differences between the specified file and the most recent version of this file that is stored in the AtFS object base. A file can be com- pared to any stored version by specifying the version as first, and the filename as second argument. If both arguments are version identi- fiers, the difference between these two versions is printed. Differences between files and versions can be printed in any style that is supported by the local diff program. Version identifiers consist of the filename, and a version number or alias name for a version, enclosed in brackets. Example: retrieve.c[4.22] or retrieve.c[Rel-4.1] vdiff creates temporary copies of the versions that shall be compared, invokes the diff command, and finally removes the temporary copies. OPTIONS
-base path If vdiff is told to produce a context diff, the filenames of the compared objects are mangeled so that the specified path replaces the path of the current directory in the full pathnames appearing in the diff-header. This is useful to replace an absolute pathname by a relative pathname and makes the produced context-diff easier to digest for the patch program. -P With the -P switch turned on, vdiff won't give up if one of the two objects that shall be compared does not exist. In this case an empty object is substituted for the missing one, causing the diff to be the complete contents of the existing object. This is useful in situations when complex patches are produced that upgrade one release of a software system to a new release, and the system has structurally changed (i.e. new files have been added to the system). SEE ALSO
diff(1), vcat(1) AUTHOR
Axel.Mahler@cs.tu-berlin.de vc_scripts-2.5 Tue Jun 29 16:42:06 1993 vdiff(1)