Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount linux to Solaris Post 302307438 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 10:55:29 AM
Old 04-15-2009
what is the output of "dfshares ip-of-linux-server"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. Linux

Mount a harddrive in linux.

Hey people i'm very new to linux. I just put a extra 200 gig maxtor HD in my computer. Linux can tell it's there...but it says it cant mount it. How do i mount it manually? thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RKJV
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount :Files on Linux..

Hi, I am facing problem during mount sharing. I am using two machines Suse and Red Hat. Trying to share a data on suse machine from Red Hat by using mount command. The problem is that after rebooting mount won't work. How to solve this problem. What i did? 1. create a folder on Suse... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjannu
7 Replies

4. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Mount

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux and I hope to have some advise. Suppose I have 2 differnt users who require differnt mount drives. When user1 logs in, his required drives are mounted. When user2 logs in, user1's drives are unmounted and user2's drives are mounted. May I know how I can achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viper81
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mount luns solaris

Hi Iīm new to san and lunīs I see the disks, but are not able to mount them bash-3.00# mountall checking ufs filesystems /dev/rdsk/c3t5006016930601F86d0s6: I/O error Can't open /dev/rdsk/c3t5006016930601F86d0s6: I/O error /dev/rdsk/c3t5006016930601F86d0s6: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ludvig
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount Solaris 2

Recently on FAT32 partition I made fdidk -B /dev/c1t1d0p0 and now this partition is Solaris2 partition , how that can be mounted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
6 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS mount on Solaris 8

Hello Admins; I am working around on an issue of NFS mount on Solaris 8 server. I am trying to mount a remote directory (which is on vlan 146 -solaris 10 server ) on solaris 8 client which is on vlan 10. The firewall rules have been opened, ports are opened. But when I do code: mount -F... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Mount problem with Linux

Hello, I want to mount a directory with nfs (v3). Server HP-UX 10.20 Client Centos If I export the path "/tausch" with access control for hosts with the command mount -t nfs <SERVER_HP-UX_IP>:/tausch/ /mnt/mnt_bach2/ /etc/exports: /tausch ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuts
8 Replies
dfmounts(1M)															      dfmounts(1M)

NAME
dfmounts - display mounted resource information SYNOPSIS
dfmounts [-F FSType] [-h] [-o specific_options] [restriction...] dfmounts shows the local resources shared through a distributed file system FSType along with a list of clients that have the resource mounted. If restriction is not specified, dfmounts shows file systems that are currently shared on any NFS server. specific_options as well as the availability and semantics of restriction are specific to particular distributed file system types. If dfmounts is entered without arguments, remote resources currently mounted on the local system are displayed, regardless of file system type. However, the dfmounts command does not display the names of NFS Version 4 clients. dfmounts Output The output of dfmounts consists of an optional header line (suppressed with the -h flag) followed by a list of lines containing whitespace- separated fields. For each resource, the fields are: resource server pathname clients ... where: resource Specifies the resource name that must be given to the mount(1M) command. server Specifies the system from which the resource was mounted. pathname Specifies the pathname that must be given to the share(1M) command. clients Is a comma-separated list of systems that have mounted the resource. Clients are listed in the form domain., domain.system, or system, depending on the file system type. A field can be null. Each null field is indicated by a hyphen (-) unless the remainder of the fields on the line are also null, in which case the hyphen can be omitted. Fields with whitespace are enclosed in quotation marks (""). -F FSType Specify filesystem type. Defaults to the first entry in /etc/dfs/fstypes. Note: currently the only valid FSType is nfs. -h Suppress header line in output. -o specific_options Specify options specific to the filesystem provided by the -F option. Note: currently no options are supported. /etc/dfs/fstypes file system types See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ dfshares(1M), mount(1M), share(1M), unshare(1M), attributes(5) 24 May 2005 dfmounts(1M)