Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Separate String Shell Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Separate String Shell Script Post 302307013 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 11:21:54 AM
Old 04-14-2009
Code:
string=$1
newstring=
while [ -n "$string" ]
do
  temp=${string#?}
  newstring="${newstring:+"$newstring" }${string%"$temp"}"
  string=$temp
done

printf "%s\n" "$newstring"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string

i am a biginner of shell scripting.please help me how can i seperate a string in two parts.eg.user given sting is"oi2ehello".i want to make 2 string string1=oi2e and string2=hello (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to separate values from a string

Hi I would like to take input from user like username/password@connectstring I should be able to cut the username and password and connect string for example if someone enters like sam/sammy@ora1 my program should take sam as username sammy as password and ora1 as connectstring and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell, trying to append or separate values in a string

Ok. I for the life of me cant figure out how to do this. I need Help. So here is what I'm trying to do. I have a block of text. They are FIPS codes for counties. Below is the block. There are probably a few ways to do this. The first line starting with ARC021....... this line is a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chagan02
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need assistance on Calling DB user from separate file in Shell script

Hi All, I need to execute a SQL via shell script and i am connecting to Oracle DB by this way $USERNAME1/$PASSWORD1@$STRING1 and i need to get username, password and string from someother file stored in the Unix Directory. $Username, $Password and $String is stored in File A in Path A and i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish.tn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling DB user from separate file in Shell script

Hi All, I need to execute a SQL via shell script and i am connecting to Oracle DB by this way $USERNAME1/$PASSWORD1@$STRING1 and i need to get username, password and string from someother file stored in the Unix Directory. $Username, $Password and $String is stored in File A in Path A and i want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathish.tn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: Code: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get string between quotes separate by commas

I'm a beginner with shell and tried to do this per hours and everytinhg gives different want i do. So I have a lot of file in *.csv ( a.csv, b.csv ...) in each file csv , it has some fields separeted by commas. ----- "joseph";"21","m";"groups";"j.j@gmail.com,j.j2@hotmail.com"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flaviof
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a String variable with a string literal in a Debian shell script

Hi All, I am trying to to compare a string variable with a string literal inside a loop but keep getting the ./testifstructure.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh BOOK_LIST="BOOK1 BOOK2" for BOOK in ${BOOK_LIST} do if then echo '1' else echo '2' fi done Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to separate one string

Hello friends. I have on file with following data Jhon Status: Form successfully submitted Maria Status:Form successfully submitted Shyne Status: Form submission pending. Liken Status:Form successfully submitted David Status:Form successfully submitted Rich Status: Form... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string based on delimiter

Hi, for fd in $(grep "/tmp/" hello.properties)The grep gives me the below output: deploydir=/tmp/app1/dfol prodir= /tmp/hello/prop ...... Now i want to store /tmp/app1/dfol then /tmp/hello/prop in a variable so that i can check if those folders files exists or not. The delimiter would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)