Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to Extract Data From 94000 records Post 302306845 by KevinADC on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 02:46:04 AM
Old 04-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog74
relax.
Summer cherry is a jerk, and I am perfectly relaxed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract set of matching records

i have a pipe delimited file with records spread in many lines. i need to extract those records 1)having X in beginning of that record 2)and having at least one Y in beginning before other record begins eg: X|Rec1| A|Rec1| Y|Rec1| X|Rec2| Y|Rec2| Z|Rec3| X|Rec4| M|Rec4| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finder255
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from large file 80+ million records

Hello, I have got one file with more than 120+ million records(35 GB in size). I have to extract some relevant data from file based on some parameter and generate other output file. What will be the besat and fastest way to extract the ne file. sample file format :--... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner16s
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract CSV records using NAWK?

Example CSV: $ cat myfile HDR COL_A,COL_B,COL_C X,Y,Z Z,Y,X ... X,W,Z In this example, I know that column names are on the second line. I also know that I would like to print lines where COL_A="X" and COL_C="Z". In this simple example, I know that COL_A = $1 and COL_C = $3, and hence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from records that match pattern

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a b c 1 2 3 4 pp gg gh hh 1 2 fm 3 4 g h i j k l m 1 2 3 4 d e f g h j i k l 1 2 3 f 3 4 r t y u i o p d p re 1 2 3 f 4 t y w e q w r a s p a 1 2 3 4 I am trying to extract all the 2's from each row. 2 is just an example... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Records between to files and extract it

I am not an expert in awk, SED, etc... but I really hope there is a way to do this, because I don't want to have to right a program. I am using C shell. FILE 1 FILE 2 H0000000 H0000000 MA1 MA1 CA1DDDDDD CA1AAAAAA MA2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh coding to extract records from file

Hello, I have a file with various records in it (from length 30 - 195) and I want to run a script to read each line and copy only the recl=80 files to an output file. Any help much appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract records from list

Hi Gents, I have a file 1 like this 1 1000 20 2 2000 30 3 1000 40 5 1000 50 And I have other file 1 like 2 1 I would like to get from the file 1 the complete line which are in file 2, the key to compare is the column 2 then output should be. 2 2000 30. I was trying to get it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract UNIque records from File

Hi, I have a file with 20GB Pipe Delimited file where i have too many duplicate records. I need an awk script to extract the unique records from the file and put it into another file. Kindly help. Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Matched Records from XML

Hi All, I have a requirement to extract para in XML file on the basis of another list file having specific parameters. I will extract these para from XML and import in one scheduler tool. file2 <FOLDER DATACENTER="ControlMserver" VERSION="800" PLATFORM="UNIX" FOLDER_NAME="SH_AP_INT_B01"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
3 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream SYNOPSIS
git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]] DESCRIPTION
Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>. The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1). Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits that do not. OPTIONS
-v Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s. <upstream> Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD. <head> Working branch; defaults to HEAD. <limit> Do not report commits up to (and including) limit. EXAMPLES
Patch workflows git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this: $ git checkout -b topic origin/master # work and create some commits $ git format-patch origin/master $ git send-email ... 00* Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic): $ git fetch # update your notion of origin/master $ git cherry -v Concrete example In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A |/ o 1234567 branch point In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied: $ git cherry origin/master topic - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master, while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master. Using a limit The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example, this might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F [... snip ...] | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A |/ o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic: $ git cherry origin/master topic base - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A SEE ALSO
git-patch-id(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-CHERRY(1)