Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Conversion To Ubuntu 8.10 Post 302306747 by gbxfan on Monday 13th of April 2009 04:56:17 PM
Old 04-13-2009
Thanks for your time. I have placed the entire script (minus a few clients) and have tried to add tags for each section (if I understood you correctly - I hope this makes it easier) and have also added space between the sections. I appreciate your time in looking at this. I'll have to review the man pages and see if something pops out at me. Dale

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script conversion to binary

My question is: i have a script called getevent to run i just call ./getevent can i convert this to make it binary executable and not letting my clients open it and see the code.??:( I am using Solaris 8. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix script and unix2dos conversion

Hi, I am a newbie and do not have much experience using unix. But I have been trying to understand it. I found the following unix script typeset -i n=0 while do sleep 5 echo "${n}:Fluent is running...." n=${n}+1 done I have the following doubts: 1) In the first line - I am aware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthiksrao
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding conversion in PERL script

I have oracle 9i database installed with UTF-8 Encoding. I want a perl script that converts unicode to utf8 before commiting in database and utf8 to unicode when retreiving from database For example : the word Ïntêrnatïônàlîzâtion has to be stored in database as Internationalization and when retreived... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
6 Replies

4. AIX

Need timestamp conversion shell script !!

Can anyone provide me with a ksh or bash script which will accept a timestamp (format is YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.Mi.Ss) and time offset (in hours). The output will be (timestamp passed - time offset passed deducted from it) in the same YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.Mi.Ss format. Basically I am trying to convert the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for CSV conversion

thanks for allowing me join your forum i have an output of linux command "who" which provides following details..... CURRENT USER/ACCT INFO 17:31:36 up 4:49, 4 users, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.00 USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT root :0 - 12:59 ?xdm? 4:54 0.02s /bin/sh /usr/bi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayyappancheta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to XML conversion using script

Hi I have a file in the format with so many records DB2 Universal JDBC Driver Provider,wdialdcsq,New JDBC Datasource,jdbc/wdialdcsq,,dcsqdb2n,cldrdgw1.is.chrysler.com,2998,DB2,10,1,180,0,1800 i need to convert all these into <DataSource name="wdialODDC" maxConnection="10" minConnection="0 "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of Perl Script to Shell Script..

Hi Guys I am having a perl script that fetches exclude list from a unix client and I trying it to convert it to shell script but I am having issues please help me... #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Getopt::Std; # To turn on debuging (i.e. more information) specify... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
29 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to shell script conversion

Hi All, I have a small tool which is currently configured in batch scripts only. But my need is to run it on Linux platform, so I have been trying to convert a batch script to shell script. below is the batch script: @echo off IF "%1"== "" GOTO ARGERR REM UPDATE THESE PROPERTIES TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

powershell script to unix shell script conversion.

Here is a powershell script to use restful API to create ticket in our ticketing tool. Can anyone please convert it to a shell script sothat, I can run it in Unix servers, below is the code: $body = @{ Customer= ''test' Summary= 'test summary' Impact= '4-Minor/Localized' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeybhavesh18
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script ouput conversion

Hi All, I am trying to print all the packages info in solaris 11 using below script. #!/usr/bin/env bash pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' > /tmp/cp1 /usr/bin/nawk -F: ' {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {gsub (/^ *| *$/, "", $i) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
5 Replies
CATMAN(8)							Manual pager utils							 CATMAN(8)

NAME
catman - create or update the pre-formatted manual pages SYNOPSIS
catman [-d?V] [-M path] [-C file] [section] ... DESCRIPTION
catman is used to create an up to date set of pre-formatted manual pages known as cat pages. Cat pages are generally much faster to dis- play than the original manual pages, but require extra storage space. The decision to support cat pages is that of the local administra- tor, who must provide suitable directories to contain them. The options available to catman are the manual page hierarchies and sections to pre-format. The default hierarchies are those specified as system hierarchies in the man-db configuration file, and the default sections are either the colon-delimited contents of the environment variable $MANSECT or the standard set compiled into man if $MANSECT is undefined. Supplying catman with a set of whitespace-delimited sec- tion names will override both of the above. catman makes use of the index database cache associated with each hierarchy to determine which files need to be formatted. OPTIONS
-d, --debug Print debugging information. -M path, --manpath=path Specify an alternate colon-delimited manual page hierarchy search path. By default, this is all paths indicated as system hierar- chies in the man-db configuration file. -C file, --config-file=file Use this user configuration file rather than the default of ~/.manpath. -?, --help Print a help message and exit. --usage Print a short usage message and exit. -V, --version Display version information. ENVIRONMENT
MANSECT If $MANSECT is set, its value is a colon-delimited list of sections and it is used to determine which manual sections to search and in what order. MANPATH If $MANPATH is set, its value is interpreted as the colon-delimited manual page hierarchy search path to use. FILES
/etc/man_db.conf man-db configuration file. /usr/man/index.(bt|db|dir|pag) A traditional global index database cache. /var/catman/index.(bt|db|dir|pag) An alternate or FSSTND compliant global index database cache. SEE ALSO
man(1), manpath(5), mandb(8) AUTHOR
Wilf. (G.Wilford@ee.surrey.ac.uk). Fabrizio Polacco (fpolacco@debian.org). Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org). 2.6.3 2012-09-17 CATMAN(8)