Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [bash scripting] Generating a table with aligned fields Post 302306145 by Aveltium on Saturday 11th of April 2009 07:54:09 AM
Old 04-11-2009
Thanks for responding! Smilie

Actually I need it to be more general, I mean not just to be running on 9 columns, but any given number of columns. But anyways I have learned something nice in your code. Thanks a lot! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripts - File generating

Forgive the daft requests - I'm still a learner :D I need a script so that I can test another script (I'm confused already) The script I am looking for should generate a new file in the same directory (called newfile1 or what ever) and also generate text within the new file (Hello world? What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a table using shell scripting

Hi Can we create a rectangular table as i have attached in the query . This is primarily for populating the created table with data gathered . Hope I made myself clear ... Pls suggest Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating report in Excel(Open office) using shell scripting

Hello All, I need to execute around 15 queries after which all data should come in Excel format. Executing 15 queries is not a problem. Problem is how to present/put data in excel. kindly suggest me how to start, what to study or what should i do. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubham8787
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Novice in shell scripting - generating report

Hi I recently joined a project where I have been asked to generate a report using shell script accessing UNIX box. I have no idea on how to do it as I am a beginner and learning shell scripts. Suppose I have a XML: <XYZRequest> <effectiveDate>someDate</effectiveDate>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date/time and generating offsets in bash script

Hi all, I need a script to do some date/time conversion. It should take as an input a particular time. It should then generates a series of offsets, in both hour:minute form and number of milliseconds elapsed. For 03:00, for example, it should give back 04:02:07 (3727000ms*) 05:04:14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emdan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table Scripting

Okay. I've been charged with an assignment to create tables. I "Made" a manufacturing company called "Suit and Tie". I need subdirectories for the company, using three departments: Human resources, Manufacturing, and Sales. 1) mkdir Suit_and_Tie 2) cd Suit_and_Tie 3) mkdir Human... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catori
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Table Scripting

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to make a manufacturing company. I need subdirectories for the company using three departments: Human Resources, Manufacturing, and Sales. I also need three scripts in order to create tables for each sub directory. Each script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catori
11 Replies

8. Programming

Celisus & fahrenheit table converter with fields + increments

no longer needed, please delete thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtina
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Creation of Oracle table through shell scripting

Hi, I am trying to create a table through shell scripting . I used a command sqlplus -s to connect to sqlplus and user as sysdba. but there is a problem in it. can anyone please solve this . #!/bin/bash $(`sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<eof create table sample (id,int); insert into sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)							 1						       FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)

fbsql_field_type - Get the type of the specified field in a result

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_field_type (resource $result, [int $field_offset]) DESCRIPTION
fbsql_field_type(3) is similar to the fbsql_field_name(3) function, but the field type is returned instead. PARAMETERS
o $ result -A result identifier returned by fbsql_query(3) or fbsql_db_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical offset of the field. The field index starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns the field type, as a string. This can be one of int, real, string, blob, and others as detailed in the FrontBase documentation. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_field_type(3) example <?php fbsql_connect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", ""); fbsql_select_db("wisconsin"); $result = fbsql_query("SELECT * FROM onek;"); $fields = fbsql_num_fields($result); $rows = fbsql_num_rows($result); $i = 0; $table = fbsql_field_table($result, $i); echo "Your '" . $table . "' table has " . $fields . " fields and " . $rows . " records <br />"; echo "The table has the following fields <br />"; while ($i < $fields) { $type = fbsql_field_type($result, $i); $name = fbsql_field_name($result, $i); $len = fbsql_field_len($result, $i); $flags = fbsql_field_flags($result, $i); echo $type . " " . $name . " " . $len . " " . $flags . "<br />"; $i++; } fbsql_close(); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_field_name(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)