Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script Post 302305687 by Corona688 on Thursday 9th of April 2009 01:43:41 PM
Old 04-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikea
Would there is any thing that i need to check ?

I am not getting any clue on why the cron is not executing the sqlplus

Thanks
dreg
Is sqlscript.sh actually in /home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job shell script..

Hey Guys, i was trying out a shell script which has to remove a file for every 90 mins. this is the code i came up with . $ crontab -e file1 file1 contains 30 1 * * * * rm -r /folder1/folder2/somefile.txt Now i need the cron to run for every 90 mins. the problem with this is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script file using cron job every 5 second

Hi All, I beginner in unix, i have no idea how to set the script file using cron job every 5 second. I also want to execute automatically the output to text file.This is my script name countsys.sh and my textfile abc.txt. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
6 Replies

7. Solaris

cannot execute sqlplus in shell script under cron

Hi, I have a bourne shell script that needs to login into sqlplus and execute a stored procedure. I need this shell script to be run under a user crontab. It works fine if run under normal shell prompt. But it gave error message in my log file when run under crontab: SQL*Plus: Release... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe_x
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running a script through cron job

Hi Team, When i am running the below query manually it is giving me the right output i.e. export PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:$PATH ADMIN=abc@abc.com CPU_HIGH=`sar|awk '{print $9}'|sort -n|head -5|sed -n 5p` CPU_MAX=`echo "scale=3; 100-$CPU_HIGH" | bc` CPU_LOW=`sar|awk '{print... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ekamjot
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Troubles running DB2 command in shell script via cron

Hi there, Now I'm facing error regarding running shell script via cron. The shell script which is required to get value from database. Below is the main part of shell script. #/bin/bash #connect to database(1) db2 connect to $database user xxxx using yyyy #set values from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohan Kishibe
3 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)