Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: epoch 1234567890
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements epoch 1234567890 Post 302305531 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 9th of April 2009 07:10:03 AM
Old 04-09-2009
although the parties are all over, i found this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Epoch problem

I would like to know if the "Epoch" problem (on September 9, 2001) i.e. when the Unix clock counter will hit 100000000 will create a problem for programs that are dependent on system and server times. I am presently part of a team that is working on Oracle database on SUN SOLARIS based servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsomanchi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epoch

Hi all, i am trying to figure out how i can get a 'Nix box to display epoch time. Is there a command to do this? Do I know what I am talking about or am I an Idiot? Wait dont answer that last question!!!!! Thanx in advance!!!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bodhi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch time

Guys, i have a question... I have 2 sets of data say "a" and "a+1" which has values in epoch time.. Question is... if i were to get the time difference where diff = "a+1" - "a" can i convert it back to real time duration after the subtraction... OR i need to convert em first before i do the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Epoch time

Guys, i have a question... I have 2 sets of data say "a" and "a+1" which has values in epoch time.. Question is... if i were to get the time difference where diff = "a+1" - "a" can i convert it back to real time duration after the subtraction... OR i need to convert em first before i do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch time

Hi, i need to convert below date/time format into epoch time YYYY-m-d H:M below the example: a=`date +"%F %H:%M"` echo $a Convert $a to epoch time ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lets take an example if $a=1.03 here i want the epoch time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch conversion

I need to convert an epoch time from a file into a standard UTC time and output it in the same format but I'm not sure what's the best approach here's the input file and the bold part is what I need to convert. 1,1,"sys1",60,300000 2,"E:",286511144960 3,1251194521,"E:",0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satchy321
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date to epoch problem

Hi all! I have a "simple" problem: I want to convert a date and time string (YYYYMMDDhhmmss) to epoch (unix time) in a shellscript. I want to use the "date/time" string as an input to the script, eg: scriptname.sh 20090918231000 and get the epoch format echoed out. Is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: condmaster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch time

Hi all, I got a file with epoch times like this. 1264010700 1264097400 1263529800 1263762900 1263924300 What I want. I want all epoch times which are > current epoch time written to a file. So everything that is < will be ignored and not written to the file. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch in Perl

Hi, Can anybody tell me how time is calculated in the below or what is actually being done here? Also can you explain in simple words about epoch time and why it is used? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Epoch time in Solaris

One way of getting epoch time in solaris is truss date 2>&1 | awk '/^time/{print $3}' Is there any other simple command that can be run from Korn Shell to display epoch time in solaris 5.10? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
3 Replies
EXTUNDELETE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    EXTUNDELETE(1)

NAME
extundelete - utility to undelete files from an ext3 or ext4 partition. SYNOPSIS
extundelete [options] device-file... DESCRIPTION
extundelete is a utility that can recover deleted files from an ext3 or ext4 partition extundelete uses the information stored in the partition's journal to attempt to recover a file that has been deleted from the partition. There is no guarantee that any particular file will be able to be undeleted, so always try to have a good backup system in place, or at least put one in place after recovering your files! OPTIONS
--version Prints the version number of extundelete. --help Print a brief usage summary for extundelete. Partition name Name of the partition that has deleted files, such as /dev/sda3. Could also be the file name of a copy of the partition, such as that made with dd. --superblock Prints information about the filesystem from the superblock. --journal --superblock Prints information about the journal from the journal's superblock. --inode # Prints the information from the inode number of the filesystem given, such as "--inode 2". --block # Prints the contents of the block, called as "--block 9652". --restore-file path/to/deleted/file Attempts to restore the file which was deleted at the given filename, called as "--restore-file dirname/filename". --restore-inode # Used to restore inodes by number, called as "--restore-inode 2569". Also accepts a list of inodes separated by only commas, such as "--restore-inode 2569,5692,6925". --restore-files filename Restores a list of files. First, construct a list of files in the same style as would be used in the --restore-file option, and save it to the file "filename". Then, this option may be used to attempt to restore those files with a single call to extundelete. This form also reduces redundancy from multiple calls parsing the journal multiple times. --output-dir path/to/dump/recovered/files Restores files in the output dir 'path'. By default the restored files are created under current directory 'RECOVERED_FILES' --restore-all Restores all files possible to undelete to their names before deletion, when possible. Other files are restored to a filename like "file.NNNN". --restore-directory path/of/directory Restores all files possible to link to specified directory to their names before deletion, when possible. -j journal_dev Specifies the device that is the external journal of the file system. -b block_number Specifies the block number of the backup superblock to be used when opening the file system. -B block_size Specifies the block size of the partition to be used when opening the file system. --before date Only restore files deleted before the date specified, which should be in the form of the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch. Use a shell command like $ date -d "Aug 1 9:02" +%s to convert a human-readable date to the proper format. The conversion from the number of seconds to a readable format may be found by using either of the following: $ date -d@1234567890 $ perl -le "print scalar localtime 1234567890" --after date Only restore files deleted after the date specified, which should be in the form of the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch. See the notes for the --before option for more information. AUTHOR
extundelete was written by Nic Case <number9652@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 This manual page was written by Elias Alejandro Ano Mendoza <ealmdz@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). September 29, 2010 EXTUNDELETE(1)