Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with task daemon
Top Forums Programming Help with task daemon Post 302305405 by james2432 on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 08:38:34 PM
Old 04-08-2009
Code:
while(1){ 
            int rc;
            rc=system("ps ux | awk '/mplayer/ && !/awk/ {print $2}'"); 
          rc = WEXITSTATUS(rc); /* Check if mplayer is running */ 
       if(rc > 0 ){
              printf("i was here");
                 printf(rc); 
              pid = fork(); 
              if(pid>=0){     
                if (pid == 0)  
                 ChildProcess(); 
                else  
                 ParentProcess(); 
                } 
              }

It never gets to "i was here"
i'm trying to get the process ID so I can check if it is running then relaunch it...right now it just doesn't launch anything. and for the daemon part, I am aware that it's not reall daemonesk but I want to be able to stop it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process vs task

Hi, I am new to this forum and unix too. I have just started learning unix. As I was going through the first chapter, I read that unix is multitasking, multiprogramming, multiprocessing and multiuser OS. My question is: Is there any difference between a TASK and a PROCESS. How are PROCESS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a help to automate a task

I need to automate a manual task using shell scripting. The scenario is like :- #!/usr/bin/sh echo "please enter the name of the lab server to test ..." read s ssh $s This is peace of the script which will allow me to login to another server using "ssh". I have a conf file which is having... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last task for my script

hi, infile- create table salary ( occupation_code char(40), earnings decimal(10,2), occ_yearend integer ); outfile- salary:create table salary salary:( occupation_code char(40), salary: earnings decimal(10,2), salary: occ_yearend integer salary:); Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

task

Hi all, I'm newbie and stuck here. Thanks for any help. Input(txt file) a b X c d Y e f Z g h W Requested output: a b X Y c d Y X e f Z W g h W Z Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Task

Hi experts, I have a problem with the below shell task: I need to modify the file creatin a paired row , per each row which matches filter (e.g. number of nonempty columns = 5) Output should look like this: second row is original one from the input, first row(red) is pairing row, it's... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
29 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallelize a task that have for

Dear all, I'm a newbie in programming and I would like to know if it is possible to parallelize the script: for l in {1..1000} do cut -f$l quase2 |tr "\n" "," |sed 's/$/\ /g' |sed '/^$/d' >a_$l.t done I tried: for l in {1..1000} do cut -f$l quase2 |tr "\n" "," |sed 's/$/\ /g' |sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
7 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

[HELP] Easy task

I have a simple task for my school work. I'm new with unix, so i need help. I need to write a scenario. Task is. From created txt file read first 3 words and create a 3 catalogs with those 3 words. 2 of those new catalogs should be transferred to other directory. If someone could help me just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justynykas
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Task 1 bible

Hi i have recently started learning Bash scripting to learn a new skill. My boss has assigned me a task but i am struggling to complete it would really be thankful for some help ill put what i have so far: Test1-bible is the directory and each chapter of the bible is a sub-directory hence i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atreus20
1 Replies
pcastctl(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       pcastctl(8)

NAME
pcastctl -- Podcast Producer daemons control interface SYNOPSIS
pcastctl status target on|off|start|stop|restart OPTIONS
The available options are as follows: status print status of running daemons target affect agent or server daemon start|stop|restart explicitly start/stop/restart daemon. Note that 'restart' will kill all instances of a given daemon, as will 'stop' if none is specified in the pid file. RETURN VALUES
0 Completed succesfully. 1 Action failed 10 Not run as root. 50 Target not recognized: use 'a', or 's'. 51 Action not recognized: use start|stop|restart 52 Executables not found; may need to reinstall Podcast Producer. 53 Process directory not found; may need to reinstall Mac OS X. 54 Timeout waiting for action to complete. 55 Launchd manipulation failure. FILES
/usr/libexec/podcastproducer/pcastagentd Podcast Producer agent daemon /usr/share/podcastproducer/pcastserverd Podcast Producer server daemon /var/run/pcastagentd.pid Podcast Producer agent process ID /var/run/pcastserverd.pid Podcast Producer server process ID /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.pcastagentd.plist Launchd agent daemon control file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.pcastserverd.plist Launchd server daemon control file EXAMPLES
status of Podcast Producer agent daemon $ pcastctl agent status edit launchd configuration to launch server on system startup $ pcastctl server on DIAGNOSTICS
Warning: Warning: ## copies of (pcastagentd|pcastserverd) already running Trying to launch another daemon when one or more already running; will usually succeed, but may cause unpredictable behavior. See also RETURN VALUES, above. ERRORS
Error: failed to launch (executable) Tried to start/restart a give daemon, but failed. Error: process 'executable' not currently running Tried to kill a process which did not exist. SEE ALSO
pcast(1) launchd(8) HISTORY
This program was first introduced in Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard". It was inspired by xgridctl(8). BUGS
pcastctl(8) uses kill -TERM to allow the daemons a chance to die gracefully; there is currently no way to force a kill -KILL. Bug reports can be sent to bugreport.apple.com Feedback can be sent to podcastproducer@apple.com Mac OS September 29, 2004 Mac OS