Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netra Remote Dial-in Problem
Operating Systems Solaris Netra Remote Dial-in Problem Post 302305323 by TonyFullerMalv on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 02:24:57 PM
Old 04-08-2009
May I suggest you try using the tip command to talk out of the appropriate serial port and send:

ATI3

which the modem should respond with its version number?

The tip command uses the file /etc/remote to configure a connection for you, copy the hardwire line(s) and change "hardwire" in your copied line to "modem" (e.g.) the port and baud rate to what your modem expects, then do run:
# tip modem
then once you have the connected message send the ATI3 command.

this will test the wiring of the serial port and the modem without too many layers of software in the way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial Up Server on RH 7.1

Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to set up a Dial Up server on a Red Hat 7.1 Instalation so that friends/colleagues can dial into my computer and log in (eg. SLIP/PPP)? Or if i'd have to download any other software with which to do this. And if so, where would I find something good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-up connection

Hi all. I am running a C++ program on UNIX which needs days to finish but my dial-up connection disconnects after 4 hours. Is there any way for the program to keep running until it finishes after I log out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegas503
5 Replies

3. SCO

Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends, I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems: (a) How to configure the modem? (b) How to setup a Dial-In connection? (c) How to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Netra T1 105 problem

Hey All Thanks in Advance. Iam facing a problem with Netra T1 105 Ram issuse.I have 1 gb ram in the server but when it boots up in ok prompt or in banner it shows 768 mb Ram , if i put 512 mb Ram it show 368 mb Ram but this all ram if i connect in anthore netra server its shows 1 gb and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote Dial-up Modem Printing With Out Cpu On The Remote Side!

I am looking for a dial-up remote printing solution as under : 1. We have a Centralized location where Sun Solaris (A) is installed. From here printing command will be despatched. 2. This printing command will be routed to WAN cloud to Main Branches (B1,B2,B3)and from there, printer at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayvee
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + Dial-up = ???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if i can run Unix to the internet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slade
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Dial up problem with ubuntu

My current hardware config is: Processor 1.85 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 512 kilobyte secondary memory cache HDS722540VLAT20 (41.17 GB) -- C BENQ DVD DD DW1650 -- E JLMS XJ-HD166S -- D 3.5" format removeable media -- A Main Circuit Board Board:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Netra T2000 /var/adm/messages problem

Hi, I have a netra t2000 running solaris 10. It is fully patched with the latest patch cluster and also patch 118833-36 and 126897-02. The SC sys_event level is set to 3. I am running a test to show hardware log status, e.g simulating a power supply failure.Hence I unplug one of te... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
3 Replies

10. Solaris

new sparc netra 500mhz problem

hey guys i'm in university and i bought my self a sun ultra SPARC netra 500mhz machine with the usb ports a vga gfc and cdrom drive now i have a problem (bought it off ebay) i trying to install a fresh solaris 10 server op onto it but it looks like it previously had linix installed and... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethmob
38 Replies
mdc(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    mdc(4)

Name
       mdc - DS5100 serial line driver

Syntax
       device	 mdc0	  at ibus?     vector mdcintr
       device	 mdc1	  at ibus?     vector mdcintr
       device	 mdc2	  at ibus?     vector mdcintr

Description
       A  DS5100 base system (mdc0) provides four asynchronous ports.  An optional asynchronous card (mdc1 and mdc2 ) can be added to supply eight
       additional ports.

The mdc ports are used as follows:

Port    Usage			  Connector

0       Console port		  6-pin MMJ on CPU board
       1       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ on CPU board
       2       Full modem control port	  25-pin D-Sub on CPU board
       3       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ on CPU board

An optional asynchronous board provides an additional eight lines:

4       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       5       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       6       Full modem control port	  25-pin D-Sub
       7       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       8       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       9       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       10      Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       11      Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ

The console baud rate is set to 9600 baud by default.  You can change this by setting the baud environment variable  from  console  prompt.
       Each  communication  port  from	the  serial  line controller behaves as described in the reference page and can be set to run at any of 16
       speeds.	For the encoding, see

You can establish the state of port 2 (port 6) by specifying either modem or nomodem as part of the file entry.

Restrictions
       The speed default is to 9600 baud on the console port.  The console device must be set for 8-bit character length with one stop bit and	no
       parity. The driver enforces these restrictions; that is, changing speeds with the command may not always work on console ports.

Files
       Console terminal

Full modem control or local terminal

See Also
       console(4), devio(4), tty(4), ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)

RISC								    mdc(4)