Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: functions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting functions Post 302305248 by TimHortons on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 10:41:26 AM
Old 04-08-2009
I think I have it. decalrte all of these in a separate shell script, lets say function.sh

in my parent shell script insert

. function.sh

then all are avaialble and callable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding functions

Hi, I have a function or script like this. show() { echo "Hi" } | tee -a log show This creates a logfile and prints Hi in it. Now when I try to do the same for sql like this: show() { sqlplus -s scott/tiger<<! select * from details; ! } | tee -a log show Then it gives me a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

functions in

hi could anybody please suggest me how to put a function memory for particular user. say i am a user rao. want have a function foo in memory . i have done this .typed the function function in the shell it worked for the session.but next time i do login its not there . i can i have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of functions

Hi my shell is tcsh can I have functions in my shell scripting? Is the below shell script correct. Can I have two functions and call one of them as required. ---------- echo "functions" f1 f1 () { echo "hello" } f2 () (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
1 Replies

4. Programming

using c++ and c standard I/O functions

Is it not a healthy practice to mix C and C++ standard I/O functions together e.g. string name; // this is a declared instance of the string class in C++ printf("\nPlease enter your name: "); cin >> name; I did something similar in a program Im designing, and used it several... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a little help with functions

I'm semi new to unix/linux and am trying to convert a program I wrote in C++ to a bash script. It's a program that prints Fibonacci's series. I have found scripts that will do it, but I'm trying persistently to get this one to work. The problem occurs when I try to return a value from the function.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glowworm
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with functions

Hi, I am exploring with defining functions in my BASH shell scripts. However, I am bit confused about how to pass parameters to my functions. I was under the impression that you must do something like the following: Define a function called "sample_function": function sample_function {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

i think i need functions ?

Hi, im making a little script but need some help Code i have so far is read -p 'Bot Nickname:' ecnick read -p 'Bot Username:' ecusername read -p 'Bot Realname:' ecrealname read -p 'Your Email:' ecemail echo '' echo Your bots nickname is set to $ecnick echo Your bots username is set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gemster
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

== vs -eq and functions

Hey I have a question.... what is the difference between using == vs -eq when testing in WHILE loops. I use the following test that only worked with == signs.... if why do i need == and not -eq? 2. I need to re-use some code in a couple places in this script. is functions my best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieldcc
5 Replies

9. Programming

Functions

Hi All, Can any one help me. I am calling in a function2 with string as parameter from function1, the function1 gives 3 values. how i get the 3 values from funciton2 to function1. i have to give a return or something. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies
PATHS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  PATHS(3)

NAME
paths -- default system paths SYNOPSIS
#include <paths.h> DESCRIPTION
The <paths.h> header defines some default paths used in NetBSD. All defined constants are prefixed with _PATH. The constants include: o The default user search path set by login(1) and associated utilities such as rshd(8). This is defined by _PATH_DEFPATH and includes directories such as /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin. o Default paths for some utilities and device nodes. Examples include such paths as /dev/null (_PATH_DEVNULL), /dev/mem (_PATH_MEM), and /etc/nologin (_PATH_NOLOGIN), among others. o Paths for some default directories such as /dev (_PATH_DEV) and /tmp (_PATH_TMP) as well as paths for some miscellaneous utilities such as csh(1), /bin/csh (_PATH_CSHELL). SEE ALSO
whereis(1), sysexits(3), types(3), hier(7) CAVEATS
The <paths.h> header is specific to NetBSD. BSD
April 8, 2011 BSD