Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cronjob not executing...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cronjob not executing... Post 302304997 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 05:40:29 PM
Old 04-07-2009
as always, check out the FAQ section and in particular crontab FAQ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

CronJob

Dear Guru, I have submitted some cronjobs that has been running for quite sometimes. However, today I counter some cronjob did not run. Can you please explain what causes this to happen. Any system setting that limit number of cronjob per minutes to be started, etc? Thanks. Kelly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcng08
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob

hi iam new at unix.iam running a cronjob,which i want to run on the first day of every month at 1AM.this is what i have specified: 00 01 1 * * is this corect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiz83
1 Replies

3. Solaris

at vs cronjob

HI, What is the differnece between at / con job? thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob

Hi, I'm totally new to shell scripting. I need help in my crontab script. I'm trying to read some values from user (username, log file directory, server) and then use those value to create a crontab for log rotation after some interval of time. creating crontabs manually isn't big deal.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
11 Replies

5. AIX

cronjob

Hi, I want to schedule a script on daily basis in morning 8:00 A.M and 5:00 P.M , how can i achieve this, i want the parameter 0 ? * * * what will be the second parameter in my case. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maooah
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob help

Hi I am very new to linux. I want to run a cronjob every 15 minutes that checks a directory for files. If the directory contains more than ten files I want it to send an email to me. All I have is this... */15 * * * * ls -l | wc -l | | mail -s "This is just a test" I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNewb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing oracle procedure using cronjob

Hi, Below is the code to execute the procedure "dbms_job.broken" from the shell script. on executing manually, it works properly without any error. but it is not working when scheduled using the cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash user_name="oracdb" password="ora123" tns="localdb"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob

Is the cronjob below can run only first wednesday of every month? 30 5 1-7 * 3 command please tell me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cronjob

How to set cronjob for 48 hours. I can set for 2 days as shown below. * * */2 * * It is creating confusion for 30 days & 31 days per month. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
3 Replies
uplevel(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							uplevel(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uplevel - Execute a script in a different stack frame SYNOPSIS
uplevel ?level? arg ?arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
All of the arg arguments are concatenated as if they had been passed to concat; the result is then evaluated in the variable context indi- cated by level. Uplevel returns the result of that evaluation. If level is an integer then it gives a distance (up the procedure calling stack) to move before executing the command. If level consists of # followed by a number then the number gives an absolute level number. If level is omitted then it defaults to 1. Level cannot be defaulted if the first command argument starts with a digit or #. For example, suppose that procedure a was invoked from top-level, and that it called b, and that b called c. Suppose that c invokes the uplevel command. If level is 1 or #2 or omitted, then the command will be executed in the variable context of b. If level is 2 or #1 then the command will be executed in the variable context of a. If level is 3 or #0 then the command will be executed at top-level (only global variables will be visible). The uplevel command causes the invoking procedure to disappear from the procedure calling stack while the command is being executed. In the above example, suppose c invokes the command uplevel 1 {set x 43; d} where d is another Tcl procedure. The set command will modify the variable x in b's context, and d will execute at level 3, as if called from b. If it in turn executes the command uplevel {set x 42} then the set command will modify the same variable x in b's context: the procedure c does not appear to be on the call stack when d is executing. The info level command may be used to obtain the level of the current procedure. Uplevel makes it possible to implement new control constructs as Tcl procedures (for example, uplevel could be used to implement the while construct as a Tcl procedure). The namespace eval and apply commands offer other ways (besides procedure calls) that the Tcl naming context can change. They add a call frame to the stack to represent the namespace context. This means each namespace eval command counts as another call level for uplevel and upvar commands. For example, info level 1 will return a list describing a command that is either the outermost procedure call or the out- ermost namespace eval command. Also, uplevel #0 evaluates a script at top-level in the outermost namespace (the global namespace). EXAMPLE
As stated above, the uplevel command is useful for creating new control constructs. This example shows how (without error handling) it can be used to create a do command that is the counterpart of while except for always performing the test after running the loop body: proc do {body while condition} { if {$while ne "while"} { error "required word missing" } set conditionCmd [list expr $condition] while {1} { uplevel 1 $body if {![uplevel 1 $conditionCmd]} { break } } } SEE ALSO
apply(n), namespace(n), upvar(n) KEYWORDS
context, level, namespace, stack frame, variables Tcl uplevel(n)