Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing a part of a string
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing a part of a string Post 302304974 by pinnacle on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 04:42:26 PM
Old 04-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
Code:
sed 's/.*= *//' myFile

Code:
$ sed 's/.*= *//' myfile

Returns:
${HOME}/bdir
${HOME}/runddir
${TRES}/jundir/finddir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting part of string

Hi, I wanted to cut a specific portion from given string. How would I do that? Example: /u09/core/inbound/abc.txt is my string. I want abc.txt in a variable. Please help me. Regards, Dhaval (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhaval_khamar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a string

Hi, I have a string assinged to a varaible as below. FILE=/var/adm/message If $FILE is the value where it stores the path of message file. I would like to extract the location of the file message as below LOCATION=/var/adm FILE may have value like /var/adm/xxxx/message ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete part of string

This command: du -s /Applications/TextMate.app Returns an output like this: 65792 /Applications/TextMate.app I need to delete the space and the file path in the output leaving just the number. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of a string

Hi mates, I am doing a script in ksh. I have the following string: /opt/one/two/four/five/myFile.txt And I have a variable: echo "${variable}" -> /opt/one/two/ I would like to have just the string: four/five/myFile.txt What is the better way to do that? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzaloron
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to take one part from a string

I have a string something like "/opt/src/default.cfg" OR /opt/src/common/one This whole string stored in an array. The problem is this string is not constant and it will keep on changing as lot of strings are stored in the array and it will be look like :- case 1 /opt/src/default.cfg ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string and printing line after until another string has been found

Hello Everyone, I just started scripting this week. I have no background in programming or scripting. I'm working on a script to grep for a variable in a log file Heres what the log file looks like. The x's are all random clutter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx START: xxxxxxxxxxxx... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print part of string

I have a file called file.txt It contains strings: ALT=someone@acme.com TO=whoever@lalalulu.com How could find and print the actual address after the = sign for any given instance? I need the command to print one of them - for example someone@acme.com But have in mind that this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help printing string

Hi, I have a file containing many times the word "IPaddress". and i need a command that finds that string or word and print it only once. I've tried the following but they print a line for each match: grep "IPaddress" /directory/file.xml find . | xargs grep 'IPaddress' -sl i have many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)