Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk space solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris disk space solaris 10 Post 302304751 by incredible on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 08:34:14 AM
Old 04-07-2009
is there any files under /var/crash/<hostname> dir?

#cd /
#du -sk * |sort -rn |head

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk space management on Solaris

Hi, I'm using sun solaris. Using df -h I have the following: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d2 12G 7.1G 4.6G 61% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HSN
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to re-allocate disk space on solaris 10

I am not very good at UNIX and seek help here. I tried to install Oracle 10g on a 64 bit Sun sparc machine with solaris 10 as OS. After I installed solaris 10, the current file system on the machine looks like this: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5104758 4854293 199418 97% / /devices ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

4. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)? Is there any standard function or system function? Just like "df" or "getdfree" in Linux. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yidu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space availability on solaris machine

Hi, I have a question regarding finding free space on the disk of a solaris machine. Many mount points are available in my machine. Right now i am using df -b option to get the free disk space available. I have an assignment to check free space on the disk. I pass the directory as a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
3 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 8 / disk space almost full

Hi All, My Solaris 8 firewall server is getting full on the / filesystem. I don't know which one should I delete. I think there's no more to delete on the file like logs or temp file. Does someone knows about deleting a safe file (or folder) on FS like /usr, /opt, /platform, /kernel, /sbin?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to utilize the 2nd hard disk space in x86 solaris 5.10

I have 2 hard disks ,one hard disk(40gb) completely for windows Os,and the other(120gb) for solaris Os. In the second hard disk.I have utilised around 10gb for the solaris installation and also partitioned with the available 10gb space for the solaris x86 OS. Now i need to utilise the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies
MAKE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAKE(1)

NAME
make - a program for maintaining large programs SYNOPSIS
make [-f file] [-iknpqrst] [option] ... [target] OPTIONS
-f Use file as the makefile -i Ignore status returned by commands -k On error, skip to next command -n Report, but do not execute -p Print macros and targets -q Question up-to-dateness of target -r Rule inhibit; do not use default rules -s Silent mode -t Touch files instead of making them EXAMPLES
make kernel # Make kernel up to date make -n -f mfile # Tell what needs to be done DESCRIPTION
Make is a program that is normally used for developing large programs consisting of multiple files. It keeps track of which object files depend on which source and header files. When called, it does the minimum amount of recompilation to bring the target file up to date. The file dependencies are expected in makefile or Makefile , unless another file is specified with -f. Make has some default rules built in, for example, it knows how to make .s files from .c files. Here is a sample makefile . d=/user/ast # d is a macro program: head.s tail.s# program depends on these cc -o program head.s tail.s# tells how to make program echo Program done. # announce completion head.s: $d/def.h head.c # head.s depends on these tail.s: $d/var.h tail.c # tail.s depends on these A complete description of make would require too much space here. Many books on UNIX discuss make . Study the numerous Makefiles in the MINIX source tree for examples. SEE ALSO
cc(1). MAKE(1)